Can you spare a cup of coffee...to support cancer research and support organizations?

• One last post to this thread...

After a three hour nap and a good dinner, I thought I would share a few final thoughts.

First, outside of sharing a common interest in the Slingshot and this community, you guys really don't know me.

So, an absolute THANK YOU to all who have supported me and kept up on this little endeavor. Very impressive and thankful.

Although this was my rookie year, this is the 15th time they've held this event in Charlotte.

The last update I read earlier in the week, they had already raised over $1.4 million dollars during this year's event. I raised $1,642 dollars in donations and expect that to go up in the next week as some companies submit their matching donations.

This event is not entirely about a biking event - it is really a celebration of life. People turn this event into a huge party. Neighbors along the route hire bands, hand out beer and wine to the riders, have inflatable slides for the kids, and hang lights in the trees.

Many riders dress in crazy outfits, decorate their bikes, and play music from their bikes. Take a look at some of the pictures at the link below. Everyone is smiling and having a great time.

24 Hours of Booty Charlotte 2015 | Flickr

Many people ride for an hour or two then party in the camping area. I could have been a half-dozen beers into it by my sixth lap!

Next year, I might take a less serious approach!

There were also somber moments. At the beginning of the event, they read the names of individuals who participated in past events that are no longer alive due to cancer.

There was a "street of memories" - where people can sponsor a white luminary bag and add an "in memory of" messages. They lined the darkest side street with over 400 bags. They lit the bags at midnight and in the quiet hours of the morning, when you just want to finish, I had a lot of "conversations" with myself about what each bag represented.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Waiting to start - and beer and wine being offered by a homeowner.

• Tom, I never had any doubt about how successful you'd be in this event. I'm sure your family is very proud of your efforts!! From what I read here, your Slingshot family shares the same sentiments!! :00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Again, THANK YOU all for the support and encouragement. Even though it was tough work, I enjoyed the event and will probably participate again next year.

Honestly, the event reminded me to enjoy life more, spend time with family and friends, and hug your loved ones because there are no guarantees.