2015-2019 transmission removal

• I need that back surgery but my family doctor tells me I probably will hurt just as bad or worst having it. I have friends that had family get it and are no better. I also don't think I will be able to change the clutch myself. Done many on cars and pickup trucks but not anymore. Did one where I had to shovel the snow out from around the car and under it to do the fix. Never again.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I need that back surgery but my family doctor tells me I probably will hurt just as bad or worst having it. I have friends that had family get it and are no better. I also don't think I will be able to change the clutch myself. Done many on cars and pickup trucks but not anymore. Did one where I had to shovel the snow out from around the car and under it to do the fix. Never again.

DO NOT GET THE BACK SURGERY! Unless there is no other way. I had the lower back 3-4 and 4-5 fused. 4-5 was bone to bone in 2005. The company I worked for wanted to start playing games so I had the surgery while I still had a job and insurance. I have not worked since then, I have bin on disability ever since. I was good for about 3 years. The doctor told me at the time that any time you fuse a disc you over stress the joint's below and above and I would continue to have problems later. Anything that I do now, like washing the car I will be in pain for the next 3 or 4 days. There is very little that I can do now without ending up in pain and having to take 3 to 4 Hydrocodone a day. Just enough to be able to survive without the tears from the pain. The doctors and our government tell you there are other ways to manage the pain "WRONG" The only one that I have not tried is the shock therapy. GOOD LUCK

• Question Has anyone modified the frame to be able to pull trans without removing the motor? If so what mods did you do? Show pics.

When I first read that the engine had to be puled for a clutch replacement, I wondered WTH Polaris? I'm a little surprised no aftermarket company has offered a bolt-in replacement crossmember. I guess it might be for liability reasons, but it seems like some form of clamped or welded solution should work.

• When I first read that the engine had to be puled for a clutch replacement, I wondered WTH Polaris? I'm a little surprised no aftermarket company has offered a bolt-in replacement crossmember. I guess it might be for liability reasons, but it seems like some form of clamped or welded solution should work.

.....could be because you would have to slide it back before you can drop it and i dont believe theres no room to slide it back, so instead you have to pull/slide the engine off of the trans......I'm no mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once lol......

• .....could be because you would have to slide it back before you can drop it and i dont believe theres no room to slide it back, so instead you have to pull/slide the engine off of the trans......I'm no mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once lol......

Although I've spent a decent amount of time underneath my Slingshot, I never really bothered to look at the transmission area and your comment about not having the room to slide the transmission back makes sense and would also explain why Polaris did what they did. Of course, that requires someone at Polaris to have actually thought about it. After the headlight wiring problems on the early Slingshots, I started to wonder.