Rear Speaker Connectors

• Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the rear pod speakers. Dont want to spend double the money for the plug and play Polaris set up. I can cut the oem wire plug and put my own plug.

Do you know the wire colors for the pos and negative on the rear speaker plugs?

I didn't write it down just put a test tone through and looked at the scope crimped and soldered. Sorry Brotha! I am sure someone here has a wiring diagram!

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• As long as you hook the same color to the same side of the speaker it really doesn't matter. Negative isn't ground in a speaker system and only really controls when the speaker cone pushes and pulls air to make sound. it is either in phase or out of phase. It you put two speakers in a system facing each other and they are in phase all sounds good. Out of phase one cancels the other and sound bad and reduces volume greatly. I think being rear speakers they would need to be in phase with the fronts but you should hear if they are wrong. You might look at one of the front speakers to see what wire is hooked to positive.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I know the speakers will work if you mix the pos and neg, but the sound will be compramised.

I have the meter now to check the factory wires, I got to them yesterday. The right side has 2 purple wires and the left is 2 gray wires. I did not see any stripes on either wire so I will check them tonight.

• Those wires carry AC and you are not going to tell - or +. If you were to run a 60 Hz audio tone to the speaker one wire would be + and the other - but a half cycle that will be reversed. I maybe wrong only having 50 some years of electronics experience and a lot of years of repairing guitar amps but I wouldn't be using a multimeter. Now a O scope with one input on one axis and the other on the other axis would do it. A good ear is still your best bet which due to Navy aircraft and all my gun shooting I no longer have.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• As long as you hook the same color to the same side of the speaker it really doesn't matter. Negative isn't ground in a speaker system and only really controls when the speaker cone pushes and pulls air to make sound. it is either in phase or out of phase. It you put two speakers in a system facing each other and they are in phase all sounds good. Out of phase one cancels the other and sound bad and reduces volume greatly. I think being rear speakers they would need to be in phase with the fronts but you should hear if they are wrong. You might look at one of the front speakers to see what wire is hooked to positive.

Would it even matter with an open cabin? but you are 100%

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• I did find the pos and neg with a multimeter. With stereo on, touch the pos wire with pos lead and neg wire with neg lead, it shows a reading. If I reverse the leads, it shows a neagative reading.

so basically whatever wire the pos lead is on, that shows a pos reading is the pos.

Im not well vered in electronics, but it has always worked for me.

• ....have a 2021 SL with stock radio and 2 front speakers , my question is are the rear connectors on this installed already coming from the stock Rocksford amp that's installed.....????

My understanding is they are installed. Some have found them a little difficult to find, but they are there.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.