mirror adjustment

• Just curious if there is any way to tighten the inside part of the mirrors so that they do not move out of adjustment. My slingshot is 5 years old and in the past my mirrors always stayed put pretty good, but recently my passenger side mirror moves out of adjustment with any little road vibrations and after every ride I need to push it back into position - - this is the glass itself moving, not the housing

are there any adjustments to tighten this down so it stops shifting? and if not has anyone here had this issue and found a good fix?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Just curious if there is any way to tighten the inside part of the mirrors so that they do not move out of adjustment. My slingshot is 5 years old and in the past my mirrors always stayed put pretty good, but recently my passenger side mirror moves out of adjustment with any little road vibrations and after every ride I need to push it back into position - - this is the glass itself moving, not the housing

are there any adjustments to tighten this down so it stops shifting? and if not has Antone here had this issue and found a good fix?

With over a 100,000 miles on mine they are so tight it's hard to adjust them.

• With over a 100,000 miles on mine they are so tight it's hard to adjust them.

that's how mine used to be, driver side still is good, but the passenger side has really loosened up - - thanks to my convex mirrors its still usable when out of adjustment. but I would really like it to stay put. I was actually thinking if there is no adjustment that perhaps I could squirt come adhesive or something in their that would hold it in place

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal, You could try using some clear plastic tubing and splice it so it can be attached to the edge of the mirror. Then wedge it against the edge of the mirror housing.:clamp:

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• I seem to remember that it is possible to pry the glass mirror off its backing plate (strong double sided stick tape) using a heat gun, that then gives you access to the internal plastic assembly. It could have been the "dark side" website which had the pics. I also seem to remember that the plastic gimbal tends to crack, so a small hose-clamp was used to cinch up and tighten that gimbal. Then, the glass mirror can be reapplied to the backing plate using 3M double sided body tape.