2020 slingshot auto jerky acceleration at low speeds

• I have a 2020 Slingshot AutoDrive with 10k miles and no performance mods and at low speeds or if I'm accelerating slowly (under 15mph) the throttle becomes very jerky/choppy until I get to 20mph or so and then it drives normal. It started doing that around 8k miles and progressively got worse. I can't even take a drink without spilling it on my shirt. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? Iv never taken it in to get checked, yet at least. Only service done is regular maintenance.

• You need to take the Slingshot to the dealership and have them update the autodrive software and you will not believe that the new program will make So Much Difference!!!

Night and Day difference and Polaris has recommended all Autodrive's Slingshots have this Upgrade !!!

And it is Free !!!

• You need to take the Slingshot to the dealership and have them update the autodrive software and you will not believe that the new program will make So Much Difference!!!

Night and Day difference and Polaris has recommended all Autodrive's Slingshots have this Upgrade !!!

And it is Free !!!

That's really good to hear!! Was hoping it wasn't anything to crazy. Do you know ion the software update is free or you have yto pay for them to update it?

• Guessing this would be a safety issue with your Slingshot and should be free. But, call your dealer... that's free. And if the update does not fix your issue, you're at the dealer for further diagnostics.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I am mostly responsible for that up date. I bought a new 2020R Autodrive on a Friday and drove it home, 7 miles. It would shift into neutral on its own and you would have to pull over to the side of the road to hold the brake in to shift back into gear. Dangerous when in traffic. I took it back first thing Saturday morning. On the way back going around a very sharp curve it went into neutral and the 350 truck tailgating me just about ran over me. Dealer had me fill out a incident report that went to the DOT and one of the other highway safety orgs. Seam Polaris had 9 others doing the same thing and they hadn't fixed and I don't think they were trying very hard till DOT got involved. My brand new Slingshot set at the dealers 6 weeks while Polars engineers tried everything. My dealer had a shit hot shop foreman that was able to duplicate the problem on demand and with a laptop hooked up and a guy driving he could see what was happening. Polaris fixed the software which also fixed the shifting rough problem. Polaris did pay one month of my payments.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have a 2020 Slingshot AutoDrive with 10k miles and no performance mods and at low speeds or if I'm accelerating slowly (under 15mph) the throttle becomes very jerky/choppy until I get to 20mph or so and then it drives normal. It started doing that around 8k miles and progressively got worse. I can't even take a drink without spilling it on my shirt. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? Iv never taken it in to get checked, yet at least. Only service done is regular maintenance.

Since 2020 they have had 2 free updates to the auto trans shifting and I believe they have finally got it right.

The first one really made it shift smooth, but reverse was horrible .

The second smothed it out more and fixed the reverse issue the first update made. Right now it is really smooth... The only thing I don't like now is if you are going up a long grade the trans shifts too much... for example, it will down shift to 4th, and run for a while, then shift back to 5th and within just a bit shift back the 4th. I have the paddles and use the M mode to help avoid this. One doesn't have to be in M mode to use the paddles, but the auto part only downshifts when coming to a stop in M mode, the rest is up to the driver.

If you go to this site and sign in / up it should list what bulletins are outstanding on your ride. https://ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• ok, thanks for the info. Ill get the newest update and will keep y'all posted.