Anyone with 2020+

• I have a question for anyone with the 2020+ and Ride Command.

The alarm on my Slingshot works but always seems to need to be re-synced. I know the manual says after 7 days, but I can get in my Sling at home with remote and alarm working drive to lunch 20 miles away and the alarm will not engage. I do the little dance (push the start button, let it boot completely up and shut down again) and it works again.

Does anyone know why this is happening? And, what fix there is for this.

I notice that when I receive a call/text it appears on my Ride Command screen until it doesn't... I then have to remove my IPhone from the bluetooth and re-sync the phone and the Ride Command and it works again.... until it doesn't...

Anyone know why this might be and if there is a fix for it.

Thanks

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• No idea but when you find out please let me know mine has done that since my 2020R was new. I just quit using the alarm and bought a set of the Masterlock handcuffs and lock the steering wheel hard over to the frame.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Okay, and I may be a little confused, especially with billythekidd explanation of what he's doing with the Fob ???

If you approach the Slingshot with the Fob and the Alarm is set, as soon as the Slingshot recognizes the Fob is near, the alarm will Automatically disable or disarm and all you have to do is start the Slingshot and drive away???

• Yes, I do. Everything works fine for a while and then just stops and has to be reset.... even while I am driving sometimes.

For example, works fine at home, drive to lunch and alarm does not work... As stated, do the little alarm dance and it works again. No rhyme or reason as to why it just stops working.

Same with the bluetooth.. working fine and all the sudden the calls/text no longer appear on the screen. Delete the IPhone from the Ride Command and add it back in and every thing works fine again...

Weird..

• Okay, maybe try this for the Alarm, as I don't have the iPhone but do not sync my android to the Slingshot either?

Go for a ride, short or long, then stop and park the Sling, get out and start to walk away, set the Alarm, and then continue to walk away and like go into a building or your home but don't park in the garage at home, while you are far away or inside a building, now leave your Fob with someone inside the building and walk back to your Slingshot and try starting the Sling and see what happens???

It should not start but ride command should advise you to enter your personal code, if so your Alarm is working properly???

• Okay, maybe try this for the Alarm, as I don't have the iPhone but do not sync my android to the Slingshot either?

Go for a ride, short or long, then stop and park the Sling, get out and start to walk away, set the Alarm, and then continue to walk away and like go into a building or your home but don't park in the garage at home, while you are far away or inside a building, now leave your Fob with someone inside the building and walk back to your Slingshot and try starting the Sling and see what happens???

It should not start but ride command should advise you to enter your personal code, if so your Alarm is working properly???

Thanks for the info... The alarm works just fine. What happens is that when I leave home I unlock the alarm with the fob and it is all good. I then drive to lunch or whatever and when I press the fob button nothing happens, the alarm does not activate and the horn does not sound. I have to reset the fob to the Ride Command again (by pushing the start button, letting the Ride Command unit completely boot and then shut the Slingshot down again) and then the fob will activate the alarm and the horn will sound.

It is just random, sometimes it works just fine for a week or more then all of the sudden for no reason that I can figure out it just quits working and must be reset to work again.

• Okay, I never have to Unlock the Alarm by Using the Fob Buttons???

When I approach the Slingshot with the Fob inside my pocket, the Alarm is Automatically deactivated??

Maybe what you are doing is triggering something, but I don't really have the answer, and sorry for all my confusion?

• Okay, I never have to Unlock the Alarm by Using the Fob Buttons???

When I approach the Slingshot with the Fob inside my pocket, the Alarm is Automatically deactivated??

Maybe what you are doing is triggering something, but I don't really have the answer, and sorry for all my confusion?

I agree, I do not have to unlock the Slingshot either... I just use the unlock button to see if it is working.

I guess the quickest way to tell without the fob is if I push the brake nothing happens until I let off the brake and push it again. I then know the fob is not going to activate the alarm.

• I'm glad I've got an antigue (2016) Slingshot....don't have any trouble just put the key in the slot and start and go.

It never doesn't go... just some of the "features" for me seem to have glitches....

As far as starting... it always starts and runs like a bat...........

• I'm glad I've got an antigue (2016) Slingshot....don't have any trouble just put the key in the slot and start and go.

Agreed! God forbid, if anything ever happened with the "Grasshopper" we would replace it with another "antique" where our 2015 has been doing for us just fine and dandy! In fact, we are kind of proud to show off the "ol girl!" :thumbsup:

Bill

• Told someone it was an electric unit so had to charge it up when we went to Slingshots Storm the Mountians.

Got real good miles thru the twisties that day. Works really well when parked over night in the spot. Mon & Tue that week couple of BIG pickup desiels parked in those spots --- they stared right up every moring and went to work.