Just not my day...mod didn't go my way

• Middle of last week, I added the Canadian lights (swapped everything to LEDs), and installed the halo lights on the housing, finished up the halo wiring last night and everything worked out great.

Today, has been a long day. I started by riding my bicycle 35 miles today (preparing for a 24 hr cancer charity ride). Showered, ate, and cooled off.

My next mod was to add the upper eye brow light that connects to the blinker - white running lights then turns amber when the blinker is on.

Wired one side and then I tested, only the white light worked, the amber didn't turn on when the blinker was on. Went through all the wiring several times, and couldn't determine the issue.

Wired the other side, and nothing worked - no white or amber light. Again, went through the wiring several times. No dice.

After working in the hot garage and not being successful, I was tired and very frustrated, I just ripped the everything out.

I still need to add the headlight switch but will wait a few days.

Went to close my hood and only one side will latch. Then I can't get the hood to release. Struggled with it for 30 minutes or more. Finally used a screw driver to release one of the latches and was able to get the hood back up.

I haven't had any issues with the hood latching previously and now only the 2 latches on the driver's side latch. Will take it to the dealer sometime next week to see if they can adjust.

Just not my day...

• Its the hot garage. Wait till dark grab a drink turn on the radio. Grab a buddy or wife, girlfriend. Sit relax and do it. Don't make it a job make it a upgrade experience. If all else fails can of gasoline a match. And then take the wife or girlfriend in the house and work off all that frustration. :P

• Don't feel alone, I should have stayed in bed as well yesterday.
    I went to back the Jeep out of the garage, the wife had drove it last and the visor was down.
    I flipped the visor up while I was backing up and somehow the Garage Door opener must have got activated.
    Windows were up so I didn't hear the movement of the garage door and I proceeded to take a deep 5 inch long gouge out of the top back part of the jeep and destroy the bottom panel of the garage door. Needless to say my blood pressure went thru the roof for awhile.

• Woke up early on Father's Day and it was cool and beautiful outside. With the garage door open, it was very comfortable.

So I decided to take a look at the hood and see if I can figure out why one side latches and the other wouldn't.

The net issues is that the wires running between the latches have stretched and when you lifted the hood release handle, the wire had too much slack in it to release the latch. The tension on the front latches directly affect the two latches near the fire wall.

The wire runs through two nuts that you can use to adjust the tension.

I was able to adjust / tighten one of the wires.

However, the other wire had so much slack, I adjusted as far as I could with the two nuts but it didn't tighten the cable enough. I added a few split washers between the nut and the latch bracket which gave me more room to adjust.

The wire basically needs to be shortened about 3/8 of an inch. Will take to the dealer and have them take care of it.

• When I bought my Slingshot I was elated to get it. I practically slept with it that night. After the honeymoon wore off, I noticed things just weren't as polished as they should/could be.
    I began to search for modifications for the bike. Much of the dress up stuff I liked, so I started buying. Mirror accents, speaker rings, pedal covers, ETC.
    Some installs went well, others didn't The pedal covers for instance ,were particularly difficult for me. I'm a big guy, and I found it difficult at best to squeeze into the tight space near the pedals.
    I bought the Halo lights and took my time to install the extra fuse block to support the additions that may come. That install was not without it's challenges as the lights didn't work as I expected them to.
    I left it for the morning and retraced my steps, and re-connected everything and they are working fine now.
    I enjoy working on my Slingshot almost as much as I enjoy riding it. Every sucessful mod gives me a little more confidence to accept the challenge of doing the next one.
    Of course there is always that little voice inside my head that says "If you screw this up and have to have it towed to the dealer, You'll never live it down."