Apple CarPlay Broken on 2022 Slingshot R or Dec 2021 Ride Command Update

• Hey All!

I have a 2022 Slingshot R and Apple CarPlay does NOT work. I am familiar with the feature as I came from a 2021 Slingshot R to the 2022. I know how it works, which USB to use, which headset etc. I have the exact same setup from my 2021.

I have seen some others that said the Dec 2021 Ride Command update even broke Apple CarPlay on those vehicles. Well the 2022 Slingshot R Ships with that SW Version.

My question is does anyone with a 2022 Slingshot R have Apple CarPlay working? Does anyone with a 2021 that took the Dec 21 Update have Apple CarPlay working?

Thanks for any responses

• I have a 2021 R LE. I purchased a ROAV BLUETOOTH FM transmitter from Amazon plugged it into the outlet in the glove compartment, linked it to the info system then plugged my Iphone 8 into the usb port under the radio and it connected. I got the info from a couple posts on SLINGSHOT FORUMS. I think I did a google search on how to connect the iphone to Apple car play on the Slingshot. The ROVA was 12.99 on sale on Amazon. Hope this helps

• I have a 2021 R LE. I purchased a ROAV BLUETOOTH FM transmitter from Amazon plugged it into the outlet in the glove compartment, linked it to the info system then plugged my Iphone 8 into the usb port under the radio and it connected. I got the info from a couple posts on SLINGSHOT FORUMS. I think I did a google search on how to connect the iphone to Apple car play on the Slingshot. The ROVA was 12.99 on sale on Amazon. Hope this helps

That was me that recommended the ROAV on the other forum :) I understand completely how it should work and where to plug in. I had a 2021 and it was working perfectly.What I'm saying is that it is not working with that method. It doesn't even prompt to tell me that a bluetooth headset is required when I connect my phone with nothing.

Hottroddtodd#15 Have you applied the DEC 21 update software version SLS7A9.S22145A? If you havent I would potentially hold off.

• Mine seems to work perfectly with Android 12.

Hopefully, the Slingshot radio isn't one of the problem units, then. My Wife's 2022 Toyota Corolla seems to often drop the Android Auto connection to her phone. Doesn't seem to matter if she's using the USB connection or if she's using the Motorola Wireless dongle I bought her.

This Google Search has potential fixes, although none are guaranteed to work -

https://www.google.com/search?…+auto+connection+problems

• 2020 R Mine never stays connected. I like to play my music from a USB memory stick connected in below the radio. I did buy a 6" USB extender cable so it was easier to plug the stick in. Could not for the life of me get the stick plugged into the USB port by it's self. Not even with a little hair around it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Hottroddtodd#15 to check software version go to:

• Tap the Slingshot logo at the top of the screen, then press "All Settings".
    • Tap "General" from the tabs on the left.
    • Scroll down to "Update Software" and it should tell you the current version

DEC 2021 = SLS7A9.S22145A
    DEC 2020 = SLS7A9.S12050A

I have yet to find a person with the DEC 21 update that has Carplay working. So please let me know if it is you :)

• Derichio02 Hope you got the issue fixed with your APPLE CAR PLAY. My daughter and son in law have it in their cars (Mazda and a Toyota) and neither seem to have a problem. I've used mine and haven't had a problem with it. Maybe Polaris can reset it to the DEC2020 version for you.

• Circling back here - I can confirm that downgrading to the DEC 20 software (SLS7A9.S12050A) fixes this issue and I now have Carplay working. In addition my stats(fuel, mileage, etc) in the ride command app and online have started working as well. The software is still available on the ride command site when you log in. I downloaded and was able to downgrade myself. Thanks Hottroddtodd#15 for the idea.

• I know you have your working by downgrading the SW, but I a 2020R with the DEC 2021 software update and CarPlay works as it should.

The Polaris site has the same part number for the Ride Command Unit for the 2020-2022. I ether use my Sena Headset or my AirPods and both work. I have not tired the dongle you are using.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I know you have your working by downgrading the SW, but I a 2020R with the DEC 2021 software update and CarPlay works as it should.

The Polaris site has the same part number for the Ride Command Unit for the 2020-2022. I ether use my Sena Headset or my AirPods and both work. I have not tired the dongle you are using.

Oh I didn't report back but this is resolved. I downgraded to the DEC 2020 SW and it worked then I again upgraded to the DEC 2021 SW and it continued. I also helped out Polaris in with this issue and provided a work around.