Engine Temperature sensor

• Does anyone know where the engine temperature senser is located? I'm getting an engine over temp alarm and an engine maintenance light on the dash.

The engine coolant temp sensor on the Ecotec engine 2015-2019 is located on the passenger side of the engine, just below the thermostat towards the back. It is a brass sensor with an electrical plug that has 2 wires coming out of it.

On the 2020+ Prostar engines, the sensor is located just below the #3 and #4 fuel injectors, right next to the thermostat. It has a single electrical connection also, ours has 2 orange wires coming out of that connector -

• I was going to meter it out but I don't have the correct deep socket to get the thing out and figured I'd just let the dealer take care of it. According to my local deal (who quit even selling Slingshots, it's acting like a bad sensor seeing how the fans come on as soon as it's started. I wonder if anyone else has had a coolant sensor take a dump? The selling dealer never did set a pass code in the rig so that needs to be done as well.

• Not in my Sling but in a Dodge Hemi on a 3000 mile trip. My temp gage would peg Hot but the coolant was not hot. Replaced the sensor when I got to my parents house and that fixed it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well, It's finally replaced. The dealer had two in stock and one went into my rig. Problem fixed. I also got an email from Polaris that said they had an "unusual" run on that part. Could be that they got a bad batch. The worst part is the Sling went into limp mode so riding on the average street was impossible unless you wanted to get rear-ended.