Running stereo cables

• I sitting planning a stereo project for my 2016 mod SL, and wonder where should I run the signal cables from head unit to amplifiers under the seat. And from the amplifiers under the seat to speakers, and running cables from under driver seat to under passenger seat . Where did you guys run the cables, and its nice if you maybe has some photos from the installation.

• Under both seats, where they mount into the center frame, there is a gap in the plastic. I ran my RCA cables from the back of the head unit along the transmission tunnel ( there's a stainless brake line to cable tie to), up through those holes to the amplifier(s) under the seat. I then ran the speaker wires back through that same hole, then vertically up under the fin to the head rest speakers. Passenger speaker wire came up through that same hole on the passenger side to go to the passenger floor speaker. Bad pic (wires have been redone since this to be much cleaner) but you can see the hole I'm talking about. This is drivers side and pic is turned, but you get the idea.

• I sitting planning a stereo project for my 2016 mod SL, and wonder where should I run the signal cables from head unit to amplifiers under the seat. And from the amplifiers under the seat to speakers, and running cables from under driver seat to under passenger seat . Where did you guys run the cables, and its nice if you maybe has some photos from the installation.

I'm currently in the process. I ran rca cables from the head unit under the sling in loom. Tie wrapped to frame via trans tunnel. I'm having a hard time trying to find openings to run the 4 12awg power wires from the amp to the battery. May have to drill a hole in the floor pan. I will run the the speaker wires from the amp to speakers. That's the easy part.

• Yeah, this is a Kenwood M3004, Marine grade, 4 channel, 300W, just barely larger than a paperback book. Specifically designed to fit inside Harley saddlebags. Been very happy with it. Bought it for about $160 pre-Covid, but see it's going for about $220 now. They also have a M3001 single channel in case I want to add a sub.

• Under both seats, where they mount into the center frame, there is a gap in the plastic. I ran my RCA cables from the back of the head unit along the transmission tunnel ( there's a stainless brake line to cable tie to), up through those holes to the amplifier(s) under the seat. I then ran the speaker wires back through that same hole, then vertically up under the fin to the head rest speakers. Passenger speaker wire came up through that same hole on the passenger side to go to the passenger floor speaker. Bad pic (wires have been redone since this to be much cleaner) but you can see the hole I'm talking about. This is drivers side and pic is turned, but you get the idea.

Was it easy to get access where you run the cables along the transmission tunnel? You dont have photo of that part?

• Was it easy to get access where you run the cables along the transmission tunnel? You dont have photo of that part?

Yeah, just drop the cables behind the head unit down into the trans tunnel and then head back. I just had my front end of the SS on jack stands and could get under it pretty easily in the garage without a creeper. You'll see the brake line down there on the drivers side and just run along with it and cable ties.

I ran my speaker wires under frame rails...beside the seats?

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Not sure if this helps in any way but for my roll hoop speakers, I didn't need to drill any holes and no wires are exposed except were shown in picture 2. Ran them along the engine comp. down the cockpit frame tubes behind the front speaker pods, under panel's behind the seats (outboard side) (only real exposed shown) and then to the rear speaker pods. When you remove the roll hoop lower trim it exposes a pathway to a hole to fish the wire to the roll hoop speakers.