Can ANYONE hang out here and post items, or will you allow someone who has an ecotec powered trike stay here?

• Those are fun. We have a few local guys that bring them in. We've gotten a few up to 200whp. Really makes it a rocket. Enjoy the new ride! If you have questions on anything let me know. :)

I will. I did call there last month to ask about the Vanderhall and was told that you guys didn't do anything with them. I had heard that you had a cat eliminator pipe and had worked on a tune, but didn't see if it came to market since most of them are using the BNR tune. I'm just a little gun shy of buying theirs since they've cranked up the boost to like 29 pounds. But I am REAL happy that they did a lot of transmission reprogramming so it doesn't shift as soon as it does now and the kick down comes on a bit sooner.

CORRECTION:

The BNR tune is set for a max of 23 pounds of boost, not the 29 pounds I posted in error. They claim their tune adds up to 63 HP and 92 pound feet of torque. So I guess that would be 257 HP and 295 pound feet of torque. (at the flywheel NOT the rear wheel). With numbers like that and having a couple hundred pounds less weight and an extra wheel for traction, I bet it would keep up or outrun MOST Slingshots out there

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• I will. I did call there last month to ask about the Vanderhall and was told that you guys didn't do anything with them. I had heard that you had a cat eliminator pipe and had worked on a tune, but didn't see if it came to market since most of them are using the BNR tune. I'm just a little gun shy of buying theirs since they've cranked up the boost to like 29 pounds. But I am REAL happy that they did a lot of transmission reprogramming so it doesn't shift as soon as it does now and the kick down comes on a bit sooner.

We have stuff for the 1.4T but not the 1.5T yet. The Carmels came out in 2019 with the LFV 1.5T from the Chevy Malibu and not the 1.4T from the Chevy Sonic like the Venice came with. We have a lot of stuff for the 1.4T like a down pipe and tuning, cams, springs, turbo upgrades, etc.. All of the Vanderhalls that have come here have been the Venice. I have yet to see a Carmel in MI. There is no point to taking the boost up to 29psi on that turbo. It is so far outside of its efficiency range and just cannot support that the entire pull. We tune them to 19psi where they can maintain that through the entire pull. I'll reach out to the Carmel community and see if there is anyone near us like in the Chicago or mid west area that would like to drop one off for tuning. If you went the BNR route you could probably ask Jerry to keep the boost at 19psi.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I'm going to hold off on any mods until I get some seat time in it. Just getting over the Covid, so I have only been out with it three times - two of those trips were 25 miles round trip lunch runs. Still trying to get used to the torque steer and not over correcting the steering. It sure drives a LOT different than the RWD single rear wheel Slingshot did. I like the idea of being down on power, but having more usable power. Having FWD and a lighter total weight makes the zero - 60 the sweet spot. I did a 60 to 100 blast today and while it felt good, my turbo Slingshot probably would have walked away from it during that test

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I will be interested to hear how you think the vanderhall handles compared to the slingshot. I have heard it’s very very different

edit - I have seen a few side by side videos of the Slingshot vs the Vanderhall, but they all seem to want to race them in a more or less straight line. with the Vanderhall having a 70/30 weight distribution and that 70% almost directly over the 2 front drive wheels I would expect the Vanderhalls to have a very big advantage in this type of race, on the other hand I think that this same weight distribution and front wheel drive vs the rear wheel drive of the Slingshot could possible change which one has the edge in the twisties - - - I would love to hear what you really think after you have had enough wheel time to feel comfortable giving an opinion

:)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().