Question for anyone who's pulled or removed their angle drive

• Per the 2015-17 Polaris Slingshot Service manual, I removed the Pivot Shaft nut, but how do I remove the pivot shaft? It looks like the Pivot shaft goes thru the swing-arm mounting pints, the swing-arm and the front of the angle drive holes to secure everything in place, but I'm not sure what to do to get the pivot shaft out. Since the manual said to remove the pivot shaft nut, am I to assume that the bolt with the indented 22mm hex hole at the other side of the pivot shaft doesn't need to be removed? Should I just try hammering the pivot shaft so it slides out the driver's side? Looking at the parts diagram from the 2015 swing arm, it looks like the pivot shaft is a solid piece with a 22mm hex head key slot on the driver side. that secures the swing arm and the angle drive.

I did find a reference saying to remove the pivot shaft nut, followed by unscrew the pivot shaft. Does this mean to use the 22mm hex head bit socket to unscrew from the left side of the angle drive/swing arm? If I don't have a response by Sunday afternoon, I guess I'll give it a try later.

TIA for any help.

After looking again at the design of the pivot shaft in the parts diagram (and considering the lack of detail in the picture), I went ahead and tried the 22mm Hex head socket and loosened the pivot shaft. I haven't yet removed it because I want to make sure the swing arm doesn't just flop down, possibly damaging the brake lines and I also hope to use some straps to hold the swing arm so it pretty much stays in place for the installation of the pivot shaft once I get the replacement angle drive in place.

Anyway, I figured out how to remove the pivot shaft.;):thumbsup:

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• BKL

Changed the title of the thread from “When replacing angle drive, what am I supposed to do with the Pivot Shaft” to “Question for anyone who's pulled or removed their angle drive”.
  • I hope your doing a video for all to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No video, but I am doing a write-up on what I did and what I did, but didn't need to do!:/ We're expecting Family next week, so I also need to do more to assist the Wife in getting the place cleaned up. I hope to resume the install this evening.

• After pulling the old angle drive, I made videos of hand-turning the angle drive input and recorded the sound for both the old angle drive and my new one. I processed each video using https://www.fileconverto.com/boost-video-volume/ to increase each video's volume by 12dB, although I may have increased the volume of the new drive more since it was so quiet in comparison. I think I may have amplified the sound of the new angle drive more since the wind sounds louder than in the old angle drive video made only a minute or earlier.

Here's a YouTube link for the old angle drive's sound -

Here's the YouTube link for the new angle drive's sound -