Exhaust Manafold Heat Shield

• I do have the Alpha cover, but no experience with the 1320, so I can't compare them myself....sorry.

My experience with the Alpha is positive. The only thing I had to change was the screws. They are soft button head allen screws, and should be tossed as soon as you open the package. Of course, I didn't realize this until I tried to remove the cover some time later. What a pain!!! The allen rounded out almost instantly, and I have excellent allen keys, so it wasn't the keys. I was finally able to get the button heads removed and installed stainless hex head bolts instead in their place. No worries since!!! I like the Alpha, and would recommend it......just do yourself a favor and toss the button heads in favor of stainless hex heads. :)

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I do have the Alpha cover, but no experience with the 1320, so I can't compare them myself....sorry.

My experience with the Alpha is positive. The only thing I had to change was the screws. They are soft button head allen screws, and should be tossed as soon as you open the package. Of course, I didn't realize this until I tried to remove the cover some time later. What a pain!!! The allen rounded out almost instantly, and I have excellent allen keys, so it wasn't the keys. I was finally able to get the button heads removed and installed stainless hex head bolts instead in their place. No worries since!!! I like the Alpha, and would recommend it......just do yourself a favor and toss the button heads in favor of stainless hex heads. :)

thanks... I'll keep that in mind when I make up my mind which one to order.
    Was at a street car meetup Sunday and when I opened the hood to the SS I realized I needed to dress up the exhaust manifold.

• thanks... I'll keep that in mind when I make up my mind which one to order.Was at a street car meetup Sunday and when I opened the hood to the SS I realized I needed to dress up the exhaust manifold.

Totally agree........that stock exhaust manifold is BUTT UGLY!!!! I don't plan on changing out my exhaust in the foreseeable future, so covering it was definitely worth while.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• If you're looking for something to cover the stock manifold, the GM made cover works well. I believe that is the one 1320 sells. You can usually find them for around $25. I bought one and a can of red ceramic exhaust paint from Autozone and have actually gotten a few complements. It's not fancy but light years better than the rusty manifold. Eastwood also sells a "Cast Iron" brush on paint that makes it look like newly cast iron.

Hope this helps. Photo was all I had but you can see the edge of the cover.

• If you're looking for something to cover the stock manifold, the GM made cover works well. I believe that is the one 1320 sells. You can usually find them for around $25. I bought one and a can of red ceramic exhaust paint from Autozone and have actually gotten a few complements. It's not fancy but light years better than the rusty manifold. Eastwood also sells a "Cast Iron" brush on paint that makes it look like newly cast iron.

Hope this helps. Photo was all I had but you can see the edge of the cover.

pics of the GM Manifold Heat-Shield i had both heat coated (like race headers) one is a satin finish Titanium, the other is shiny Chromex, have 7800 miles on the Titanium one, and it looks like the day i installed it .......... tom n carol