Tri state events

• You gonna make this one??

I will definitely be there!!

......Hey ConnMan do you know if they have vendors now or anyone doing wheel alignments at the May 4th event.....? ......since I replaced my torn boots and put my front tie rods back its driving straight NOT pulling to either side but I still want an alignment & will need to get one b4 May 4th if I'm coming up there.......

• do you know if they have vendors now or anyone doing wheel alignments at the May 4th event

Hey Moe, it's not that kind of event.

No vendors peddling goods or services come to events like this. The Meet & Greet is like a Show & Shine.

We do have a dealer here in CT that does the Laser Alignments. Scranton Powersports in Vernon CT does them.

I don't think you'll get one on a Saturday though.

If you can schedule one the Friday before, cheap hotels are abundant up here.

I did that when Polaris recalled all the steering racks and replaced them. The only dealer in New England that did them at the time was Hooksett Powersports.

My daughter took the ride with me the day before and I got a hotel room. There was a Common Man Restaurant in the parking lot of our hotel in Concord NH.

So we went there for dinner the night before then went into the bar and celebrated beiing Irish and closed the place. :00008356:

Had the Laser Alignment done at 8 the next morning.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• ....hey thanks for the reply ..I didn't think it would be services there but I thought I asked.......I'll get it done at Locomotion Powersports in NJ where I bought it from .....they have first come first serve on Saturdays and I called them already.......they open at 8am I'll be at their garage between 6-6:30am....hopefully the weather will be good for May 4th....

• ......hey ConnMan what time does this event Saturday kick off ......

They start rolling in at 11:00 AM.

Got a guy from NH bringing down the LS3 conversion he did, and also some folks from SC are making the trip up on Saturday.

I'll be checking you in.

Pretty lady takes your money($25), Then you sign a waiver with me!!

(Moe, PM me your digits so I can text last minute changes if any to you)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• ....So me & 3 others made it to the 4th slingshot gathering in Connecticut and it was a beautiful ride, meeting beautiful people like ConnMan and the event was a good way to start the bike season......let me tell you the other 3 riders were happy also as they got a chance to see some awesome slingshots giving them ideals for theirs.... ConnMan what was the total in attendance....?

• ConnMan what was the total in attendance....?

MADDMOE , what a pleasure it was to meet you!

My biggest regret of the day was that I was working the event, and we couldn't walk around and enjoy the show together.

For all the Forum members reading this, you won't find more of a gentleman with a kind soul than MadMoe. His presence is a kindred spirit that is just calming, and I felt that I have known this man forever when it was barely 10 minutes!

He and his Slingshot buddies are like Ninja's! They rode up from NY and our event was one of 3 they were attending that day!

These guys are not afraid to ride good distances in a day!!

My thoughts on this Northeast Slingshot's Meet & Greet........

First and foremost....Clearly, I was out of my element.

Spending time with people mostly in a different generation, and culture than mine. I was surprised at how many female Slingshot riders ( EjFord ) came to the event, most riding customized machines as well. Although these outrageous mods are not in my wheelhouse whatsoever, I was taken back to how impressed I was with the talent displayed here.

Jose & John organize this event every year. Their Slingshot's are displayed in Moe's last video sitting side by side upon entry. Jose built Megatron, and John built The Dragon. Megatron being the most photographed of the whole show.

These guys took my basically stock Slingshot, and wanted it parked next to the Trophy table and DJ.

I was flattered they wanted that.

Many reached out to Jose and commented how they liked my retro look with the wheels and raised white letters. (Thanks DER )

As I was leaving, I was walking towards my Slingshot when I had to stop, because this guy who came in with a beautiful custom Slingshot, was walking around my plain Jane taking a video!! :00008359:

I'd be lying if I said I was not flattered!

I checked out briefly the LS-1 conversion. I went over when the owner was not around to avoid a lengthy conversation. He's a wicked nice dude from New Hampshire, that can talk the balls off a Christmas Tree!! He did an outstanding job on it. Sitting parked it looks totally stock....until he fires it up!!

My favorite of the day, might have been the nice lady that rolled in with a large crew. She had a bedazzled white SS, with pink highlights everywhere. Lights, graphics, all custom. The only thing better than her machine was her! She had a matching leather jacket and leather pants, tastefully decked out like her SS. She is a proud nurse, that displays that on her sleeve. She was so sweet.

My final thought leaving the event was how different I was than most there.

And how welcomed I was in spite of it.

We came as a group and gathered in one common theme...

We love the Slingshot!!!

So to answer the question MadMoe, I was in charge of placing numbers on each one that rolled in. It got hectic when they came in large groups!

When I left I had tagged 112 Slingshots. However, 2 separate groups of approximately 30 each got delayed close to 3 hours from NY because of their late start. I95 being closed messed up a lot of people attending. Of the 60 more that were expected, many in each group turned around. They arrived in a group of about 20 or so. We did not tag them or charge them because of their awful journey.

Plus the event was nearly ending.

MADDMOE , one day our paths will cross again.........

At that time, I hope we can enjoy some good conversation.....

And of course a good Slingshot ride!!

:00000441:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• Thinking this is your longest post ever but I enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to Maggie now

• .......i told those that i normall ride with 9am my wheels are turning either your there or not & I also told em if your running late see you there.....I-95 being out of commission in both directions was a nightmare for weekend travel and it bled over to I-84 when we left about a good 15 Miles in straight bumper to bumper traffic (make you wish you were in the automatic slingshot, NAH) but I had a BALL ......!