RECALL ON 2016 SL

• anyone else have the 2016 sl recall just found out mine has 3 one has to do with swing arm .trouble is we have snow may be awhile before i can get it to dealer which is over 1/1/2 hrs from me .the original owner never took it in ,which i don't understand you pay this much money for something and ignore the recalls .im beginning to wonder if he / took out the break in oil may not hurt to change it just in case .has 3k more to go if he indeed did change the oil..what is wrong with the swing arm if anyone knows ?

• Some of the swing arms had weak castings, and those were prone to break. Polaris chose to replace them all, up to when they started installing the new style swing arms from the factory. There have also had problems with the bearings in the swing arm axle, but that wasn't because of the recall on them. My 2016.5 had recalls on the swing arm, master break seals, and fuel line. Mine was done last year in Feb. Also, my dealer came and got it in an enclosed trailer, so we just had to find a day the driveway was clear enough to get it up into the trailer. As for changing the oil from what you know, it would be cheap peace of mind (for me anyway) to just go ahead and do it.

When you have it done, before leaving the dealer check the front of the swing arm (vertical portion) to make sure the rubber caps are in the casting holes. This is a known issue that some of the new swing arms came to be installed without the caps in place. Your dealer should know and check this, but I would want to be sure before I left that they were actually there. If not, rocks, dirt and road debris can get inside the swing arm and eventually work it's way to the axle bearing.

• thanks so much for the info .looks like everything i buy has problems i bought a new massimo militia 1000cc side by side went in shop with in 3 weeks with a laundry list of problems stayed there 3 months wasn't completely fixed . still has problems i guess its hard to get good help these days .

• @Moondoggie, from my personal experience, the Slingshot has been more problematic than most motorcycles I've owned (if you don't include the 1969 Triumph Trident that was my first street bike.... broke down more than it ran by far). I've owned at least one and up to three Harleys since 1990. None of them were breakdown prone like the rumors and jokes about them (even the one I had with nearly 100,000 miles on it). I am a maintenance nut though, and very proactive with it. I've done all my own service on my Slingshot other than recalls, and have put almost 26,000 miles on it since May 22, 2016. While I have needed to adjust or tweek things here or there, it's never broken down or left me stranded. I live in mid state Indiana, and have been to the Smokies, NC, and northern GA a few times in it. I didn't trailer it, my wife and I drove it there. I think of it more like a modern day version of the muscle cars of the late 60's. A bit quirky, but well worth it.

I've had more fun and met some of the most wonderful people just from owning it. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to shop around for a low mileage used one, like you did. Oh, and I'd not have gotten the Corbin bags either! (inside joke and poke)

• I've had more fun and met some of the most wonderful people just from owning it.

And we are all glad you made it here.... you sir on the top of the list of really nice people I have met because of this weird looking thing!
    @Moondoggie you made a good choice and you are in good hands here

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey @Goats_Hogs are you coming to Texas for Kerrville rally? Hope to meet you there or maybe Maggie. I have plans and reservations for both. Wife is running for an elected office and after March 6 will need break. I really am getting to hate politics.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• @Boomer I won't make the Kerrville rally. Plan to be at Maggie Valley though! Last year I made some lifelong friends, and wouldn't want to miss that one for anything! I'm getting to hate politics also, yet later today I'll be signing up on the ballot for May here. At least my politics aren't a full time job. :00008862: