Stock Radio Head Backlight

• Has anyone else had problems with the backlight on the stock radio head not working. I know the unit itself is working because I can put a flashlight up to the screen and I can see the data as well as the backup camera image when put into reverse. All of the fuses are good and I can't seem to get a handle on why it stopped working.

Does anybody have any insight? or suggestions ( other than throwing it away , which I'm thinking about )

Thanks in advance

RT

• Thank you for the response. I did discover the Day/Night adjustments. I set both to full bright to see if that helped. Nothing happened. And if I push any of the buttons, the screen reacts but the buttons nor the backlight illuminates. I'm thinking that the head unit it toast unless someone has some insight.

• Thank you for the response. I did discover the Day/Night adjustments. I set both to full bright to see if that helped. Nothing happened. And if I push any of the buttons, the screen reacts but the buttons nor the backlight illuminates. I'm thinking that the head unit it toast unless someone has some insight.

Sounds like it is stuck on night mode. I know you bumped up the display to full brightness for both settings, but did you try to set it to Day setting and see if that helps? Had a guy in town that had something covering the sensor and it was stuck on night mode like that because it was in auto mode and wasn't getting enough light to go to day mode. At least it helped to troubleshoot the issue he way having.

Audio Display.jpg

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)