Removing TD Gullwing Top Wings

• Good afternoon gents,,

I have a TD Gullwing top on my sling, but I can't figure out how the hell to remove the wings. I removed the struts, and it looks like after raising them straight up, they slide forward and backward, but the "hinge" hits the front and back glass and won't move further than 2 inches in either direction.

Any tips??

• Thanks Tripod. I saw those instructions on the TD website, but it doesn't explain HOW to use the clear plastic buffer. It looks to be stuck in place somehow. Am I supposed to remove it and use it as a guide? So many of these aftermarket parts have bad instructions...

• Thanks Tripod. I saw those instructions on the TD website, but it doesn't explain HOW to use the clear plastic buffer. It looks to be stuck in place somehow. Am I supposed to remove it and use it as a guide? So many of these aftermarket parts have bad instructions...

Sorry Bro. I had that top but sold my Sling or else I could check for you. I never attempted to take the wings off. Hopefully someone else will pipe in here...

If not, give Twist a call tomorrow.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• The clear plastic "buffer" goes to the back side of wings, across the rear panel to keep it from getting scratched. Open both wings, lay the buffer across the back and slide it forward until the "arms" slid under the wings. Pop off the struts, then slide the wings backwards until they come off. The buffer is just to minimize scratches to the rear panel.

• The clear plastic "buffer" goes to the back side of wings, across the rear panel to keep it from getting scratched. Open both wings, lay the buffer across the back and slide it forward until the "arms" slid under the wings. Pop off the struts, then slide the wings backwards until they come off. The buffer is just to minimize scratches to the rear panel.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize both wings needed to be up at the same time. Does doing that release the clear plastic piece? I tried tugging on it yesterday and it didn't budge much, but maybe that was because I only had one wing up at a time. I'll try it this evening.

• So I checked the clear plastic buffer piece in the back... mine is fastened to the frame with what looks like 2 hex socket screws and one of the black plastic push pins in the middle of them. Is this correct???

• Thanks for the info! I didn't realize both wings needed to be up at the same time. Does doing that release the clear plastic piece? I tried tugging on it yesterday and it didn't budge much, but maybe that was because I only had one wing up at a time. I'll try it this evening.

We might be talking about something different. With my Gull Wing, I received a separate piece of plastic acetate. It was shaped like a "U", about 8" square. You slide the two "arms" of the "U" forward so that they are under the Wings. The long bottom portion of the "U" lays on top of the rear lexan panel. It's only purpose is to minimize scratches to the rear lexan panel so technically it not required. The Wings should slide out towards the rear over the top of the rear lexan panel. (I've never actually taken mine off - just slid them one day to see how that happens.)

If you can't get them to slide out easily, give Twist Dynamics (SlingShotOnly.com) a call and they should help you with some tricks.

• We might be talking about something different. With my Gull Wing, I received a separate piece of plastic acetate. It was shaped like a "U", about 8" square. You slide the two "arms" of the "U" forward so that they are under the Wings. The long bottom portion of the "U" lays on top of the rear lexan panel. It's only purpose is to minimize scratches to the rear lexan panel so technically it not required. The Wings should slide out towards the rear over the top of the rear lexan panel. (I've never actually taken mine off - just slid them one day to see how that happens.)

If you can't get them to slide out easily, give Twist Dynamics (SlingShotOnly.com) a call and they should help you with some tricks.

Gotcha. That's the problem then, I never received that U shaped piece. I'll get with them today.

Thanks!