replace stock radio

• Hi Guys and Gals

I am changing my stock radio to a double din radio, but any ideas on how to stop the engine heat coming up and on back of the radio. I read that these radio run hot as it is, So any ideas will be helpful thank you.

Be safe and hope 2021 is better for us to enjoy riding again

• [quote='opiemobile','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9760-replace-stock-radio/&postID=330728#post330728']

Hi Guys and Gals

I am changing my stock radio to a double din radio, but any ideas on how to stop the engine heat coming up and on back of the radio. I read that these radio run hot as it is, So any ideas will be helpful thank you.

Be safe and hope 2021 is better for us to enjoy riding again

[/quote]

Put some sort of insulation board behind the stereo hole. It is easy if you pull off the dash. I use insulation board but some people have used plexiglas or plywood. I then taped it in place with exhaust tape.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• See my Post #4 in this thread - More on shielding from heat.... As I stated in the post, my approach might have been a little overkill, but the attached PDFs allow you to make a template for easy cutting of adhesive insulation or insulation board, etc. I currently notice some heat under the dash, but that could be from the pedal openings or maybe the self-stick adhesive insulation I used to hold the aluminum sheet in place may have started coming loose. More adhesive tape or some screws should easily fix it if that's the case.

• Here is a link to some aluminum bubble insulation. Double Bubble Insulation - Foil/Foil - 4' x 75' (300 sq ft) (ecofoil.com) This type of material is easy to work with

and a small portions made for water heaters can be found at your local hardware store. Glue it in place or Aluminum tape in place. The link is just so you can see what I'm talking about.