noise from rear end (SS rear end)

• hello all , my 2015 SS 3000 km doing strange popping sound from somewhere at the rear end when i release the clutch very fast at first 3 gear i think so.

adjust the belt by myself witn 10 lb gauge litle bit loosen than fab recommandation but doing the same noise again.

before than i adjust the belt it was more than 1 inch free play by hand and now has 3/4 inch by hand ,
    and had 17 mm with 10 lb pressure gauge for now , so little bit loosen than recommandation.

so do you think , only 1 or 2 mm loosen the recommandation can doing this popping sound again.

i compare the belt tension with the one in show room at the dealer and it's seem the same by hand so 3/4 inch freeplay.

??????????????????????????????? ?(?(

Hummmm! so sorry for my poor english , i'am from Québec , Canada.

torque axel nut at 250 lb and put in locktite and put locktite on belt pully too last summer (2015) and put a cutter pin across the axel nut and axel shaft .

Axel bearing dosen't any noise and don't had any play. ?(?(

• My research has led me to believe the rear axle nut and the belt tension are critical . The rear axle nut has been replaced to a double nut under warranty. Or just be sure you keep that nut at 250 foot pounds of torque. The other issue is the carbon fiber reinforced serpentine belt shrinks when it gets hot . If the belt tension at cold is slightly too tight, once the belt heats up it will put excessive radial load on the axle bearing causing premature bearing failure .

Found this on YouTube

• TWO-CENTS.gif
    "Have No Fear"
    we have experienced that same noise - and it is coming from the Drive-Shaft - it is normal - the driveshaft has, where it connects to the rear of the transmission - has a slip yoke (Constant Velocity Joint) that allows the drive shaft to become long & short
    if you were were to go underneath your SlingShot and rotate it -you would feel some movement and that "Distinct Clunking Noise"

...................................... tom n carol

• TWO-CENTS.gif"Have No Fear"
    we have experienced that same noise - and it is coming from the Drive-Shaft - it is normal - the driveshaft has, where it connects to the rear of the transmission - has a slip yoke (Constant Velocity Joint) that allows the drive shaft to become long & short
    if you were were to go underneath your SlingShot and rotate it -you would feel some movement and that "Distinct Clunking Noise"

...................................... tom n carol

cool! thanks Tom , after had to check the drive shaft , it seam doing the noise than i hear , so everything it's normal.