OK to use octane boost with a turbo set up?

• Just a quick question. I have a 2016 1/2 Slingshot with an alpha turbo kit on it. Has 6500 miles on it Turbo has been on since 1000 miles. I have a couple cans of leftover unleaded octanium octane boost that I used for my track hawk which is now on E85. Will I have any issues using this in the Slingshot with the usual 93 octane I get. Don’t forsee any but didn’t know if the sensors would be affected or anything so I figured I’d ask before finding out the hard way. Thanks in advance for any input

• I've used different brands of octane booster (with a turbo) and carry a spare bottle inside the slingshot all the time. It used to be only on trips or remote areas where sometimes even finding 93 fuel is hard enough. But there have been times where locally some stations were temporarily out of 93 and I had to use 89 (AGHHHHH) so having it handy saved some sweating palms and bare knuckles until the next fill up. As you travel WEST in a lot of places, the best you're going to find is 91 if you're lucky. All the more reason to keep some on hand. Just rotate your stock so you're not saving a 6 year old bottle for emergency use.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have two Alphas and have tried booster in one and really don’t notice a difference. Like Fun says it’s always good to have if you run into a station with low octane. You might read up on octane boost, when I did it didn’t sound to convincing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I've used a couple of them. My preference would be to stay away from some of the cheap ones (Walmart $3.99 specials) and stay with a major brand. Lucas is the one I usually use and keep in the slingshot, but Amsoil, Royal Purple and VP racing fuels make some good ones. I've even used some lesser known (to me anyways) from the auto parts stores. The ones that have 106 or 108 in their names. Mid line priced but better than nothing if you don't have the time to shop around in a pinch

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• [quote='Shane850','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9124-ok-to-use-octane-boost-with-a-turbo-set-up/&postID=306538#post306538']

Any brand recommendations for octane booster?

[/quote]

I use a couple different brands like Fun says but to avoid all the brand drama the best thing is google information on boosters to get a better idea of them. Lots of promises are put on labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro