Adventures in oil changing.

• Unfortunately, Fumoto introduced the F107SX about 1.5-2 years after I bought the F107N.:(

Yea, the f107SX was fairly new when I decided to install a Fumoto, I though about it, but went with the 107N anyway - At the time is just seemed like the SX had more places with its o rings that could potentially leak in the future and as I said above I like the longer nipple - I want to be able to put a short length of tubing on it. As to being upside down, it doesnt bother me - I figured when I got it that it would end up where the threads got it and was actually pleased it didnt end up at some odd angle

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yea, the f107SX was fairly new when I decided to install a Fumoto, I though about it, but went with the 107N anyway - At the time is just seemed like the SX had more places with its o rings that could potentially leak in the future and as I said above I like the longer nipple - I want to be able to put a short length of tubing on it. As to being upside down, it doesnt bother me - I figured when I got it that it would end up where the threads got it and was actually pleased it didnt end up at some odd angle

Not sure why you need a hose, I slide my oil pan under, open the petcock on the FM and then go about changing the filter.

• Not sure why you need a hose, I slide my oil pan under, open the petcock on the FM and then go about changing the filter.

I will be honest, I dont know that I need a hose, haven't even tried changing the oil with the valve yet, At the time I ordered the valve it just seemed like being able to use a hose would be a good option that might decrease the chance of dripping oil on my garage floor

would you suggest I just try it without a hose first?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I will be honest, I dont know that I need a hose, haven't even tried changing the oil with the valve yet, At the time I ordered the valve it just seemed like being able to use a hose would be a good option that might decrease the chance of dripping oil on my garage floor

would you suggest I just try it without a hose first?

If your pan will slide under OK no need for a hose.

• I don't have a hose on mine and no problem. I've got the F107SX and I put it just slightly down from horizontal (maybe 10 degrees) and no spill or splash. In fact, bigger problem was just how long it took the pan to completely drain through the valve - it is slow. I got a short pan that I just slide under, reach down, pull the valve lock and open the valve. Then go over to the other side and replace the filter. Sit back, have a beer waiting for all the oil to completely drain, then close valve and refill. No problem. Don't even use any jack or stands.