This time of year

• I was just thinking about riding this time of the year and thought I would gently remind some folks that in many areas this is absolutely the worst time of the year to ride your SlingShot. Why? Because during the dry summer oil and other contaminants have been building up on the roadways, especially where that rear tire rides. With the first couple of rains, these contaminants tend to float on that water, and until they ultimately are washed away, roadways can become real snotty. Another issue we have around here is fallen leaves, they too can be a slippery mess.

Another item to keep in mind this time of year is as the temperatures drop, especially below 50 degrees, those summer tires are starting to loose their grip.

Here in Oregon as we start seeing freezing conditions the highway department is going to start laying down sand and gravel, and where does that all wind up? Yep, right down the center of the lane along with any existing frost.

I know that everybody here are familiar with these conditions, but I thought that a lil extra reminder wouldn't hurt?

Bill