Pick up truck water leak

• I have a 2011 GMC pickup with 30,000 miles...that I only use in the winter...the other day the temperature gauge went way past it’s normal 210 degrees and it was still blowing cold air...it finally dropped to normal and blew heat. I thought it was a stuck thermostat....
    Before I changed it I looked at the fill tank and it was empty. So I thought maybe that was the problem. I filled it and took a ride. Everything acted normal so I thought problem solved. Until I parked it and got out, now there is water running out into the Driveway ...a pretty good stream. I changed the thermostat thinking it might fix the problem if too much pressure was building up if the old one was sticking....it didn’t stop the leaking. Maybe there was an overflow hose I couldn’t see.

I looked everywhere to find the leak. Couldn’t see anything obvious. But I could see water in the uchannel under the radiator... but nothing squirting. So I took it to my mechanic. Thinking radiator must have a small hole or crack...plastic tanks seam to be problematic.

He did a pressure test and found water coming from the bottom hose way up tight against the motor. A real tight spot. Couldn’t see a hole or crack. So he moved the clamp and it squirted. He changed the clamp and fixed the problem.
    Evidentially the factory spring clamp rusted and became too weak to seal the hose.

Total cost $95....the gold plated hose clamp makes the rest of the motor look dull....