Viper Alarm Removal

• Had a little problem coming home this past weekend from Murphy, NC. Stopped at a gas station and somehow I must of hit the panic alarm on my Viper Bob, I assume it was the panic alarm because the bike would still start. NOTHING I did would silence the alarm until I pulled the damn wires out of the speaker. I NEVER use the system so I am going to remove it completely from the bike. Does anyone know if I disconnect the control box will that allow me to remove it without it locking up my ignition?

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Had a little problem coming home this past weekend from Murphy, NC. Stopped at a gas station and somehow I must of hit the panic alarm on my Viper Bob, I assume it was the panic alarm because the bike would still start. NOTHING I did would silence the alarm until I pulled the damn wires out of the speaker. I NEVER use the system so I am going to remove it completely from the bike. Does anyone know if I disconnect the control box will that allow me to remove it without it locking up my ignition?

You should be able to press "the button" on your Viper car transciever (the small fob like thingie with the tiny antenna with the button that flashes blue -- it's typically velcro'd somewhere by the dash) -- and press that button "the correct number of times" to silence the alarm. I have a proximity sensor on mine and if lookie-lous trigger the proximity alarm over 3x the alarm goes into a permanently "pissed off" state where the alarm will sound whenever you turn the ignition key. You just have to press "the button" "the correct number of times" to silence the alarm.

Removing the Viper without it disabling the ignition depends on how it was wired up. I know that mine is wired so that it detects when the key is turned and can also disable the starter. Other installs only sound the alarm with a proximity or motion/vibration sensor and little else. If yours started with the alarm blaring -- I'd think you could just remove the control box without disabling the starter.