Surface Pro or Gaming laptop? Which device is best for uploading video files OTR

• I would like to purchase one or the other... the surface pro would definitely be cheaper, but not sure it will do the tasks we need it to do.
    We have 2 gopros, boo coos of memory cards, and batteries in tow when we be trippin.. and upon returning, my husband has the dubious task of sorting memory cards, files, images accumulated over several days. I could simplify my husbands life if I got him a device that he could sit down with at the end of day whenever he was.. and transfer his files in chronological order the day it was recorded. He also has cyberlink power director editing software that would be a nice added bonus if it was capable of running that as well... any suggestions are appreciated... 2 possibilities Im looking at are:
    MSI Gaming i7
    Surface pro 4
    Lets please my husband and get him a new toy :D

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• They're both great. Transfer speed is going to be similar between the two. The Msi will certainly process edits faster. They will both upload to YouTube at a snails pace. There's really no way to do it quickly. Bottom line is this. If he's a gamer, get the Msi. If he's not, get the surface.

• I've made the debate and honestly don't game enough to justify buying a lappy that I wouldn't use that much. The Surface Pro is easier to carry, lighter, and eats up less space. Battery life is longer, editing is going to be comparable depending on what set up you go with on the Surface Pro. I personally will be looking at a core i5 instead of the i7 just due to the heating issues.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• can software be installed on surface pro? And yes he is a big time gamer.... pc, xbox, xboxone, whatever.....

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• (!) Hopefully, there wont be any desire for gaming on a road trip.... :00000021::00000028:

Thanks for the help, will probably go with msi .. just cause thats something familiar. Their pricing has certainly come down a couple of hundred since Christmas..