Equifax security breach

• Freezing is a pain .....Pain yes...but I'm never going to unfreeze my Equafax account....if any of the creditors I apply with won't accept the results from the other two...SCREW THEM..

I believe Equifax is scamming everyone by deliberately lowering everyone's score....probably to get a kick back from the lenders ...part of the higher interest rate they charge you because of your low number...think about that for a while...pretty good money maker.

• More good news...just announced the DOJ is investigating top Management for insider trading.... And their stock has lost 1/3 of its value...they need shut down and imprisoned and the proceeds divided between 143 million people with more restitution doled out.

Totally reckless business model and should be a big lesson to others..

• Here's an email I received from Consumer Reports on dealing with the Equifax breech -

Dear ......,

As you may know, a data breach at Equifax compromised sensitive data for nearly half of all U.S. consumers — including names, social security numbers, birth dates, addresses, and the numbers of some driver's licenses. Hundreds of thousands of credit card numbers were part of the hack. Now millions of Americans could be at risk for identity theft.
    What can you do to protect yourself?
    1) Check with Equifax to see if you have been impacted. Start by clicking on the "Am I impacted?" button.

2) Decide if you want to enroll in credit monitoring. According to Equifax, if you were indeed impacted by the breach, you can enroll in credit protection and monitoring. Once you receive a signup date for the service, you will be given the option to register for one year of credit monitoring on or after that given date.

3) Place a security freeze on your credit files. Keep fraudsters from opening new accounts in your name and block your credit history by applying a credit file freeze at Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Two important points regarding security freezes you should be aware of:
    • A security freeze may not protect you from every identity fraud so be sure to check out other ways you can protect yourself.
    • If you're looking to buy a home or car, you must remove the freeze to allow financial lenders access to your credit information.
    Depending on where you live, there may be a fee to apply, and in some cases, remove the service from your credit file. Equifax however said it would not charge for credit freezes for those affected by the breach.

4) Protect your money. You can activate two-factor authentication for critical financial accounts, maximize your mutual fund security, place a fraud alert on credit reports, and secure your smartphone and email. It may sound like a lot to do, but taking these steps will really help protect your finances.

Need help deciding which credit protection option is best for you? Learn more about the differences between a security freeze and a fraud alert.

Unfortunately, data breaches too often put consumers at risk. While the steps above will help you if your data is compromised, there is one more step you can take to help protect yourself and other consumers from future breaches. If you haven't already, please add your name to our petition calling for stronger data security standards and urging Equifax to remediate the serious damage of this breach.
  • I received a genetic reply from my FTC complaint...

Basically I said they should be investigated and jailed for insider trading and 143 million people need compensated and equifax put out of business..

The genetic response...

Thank you for contacting the Federal Trade Commission. We have reviewed your complaint and have determined that the following information may assist you.

10 Ways to Avoid Fraud - http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0060-10-ways-avoid-fraud

NO we should have had more FTC oversight and people that care more about us and less about their bottom line. There is no reason for a credit scoring business to determine everything from our car insurance or if we can get a house or apartment or the amount of loan interest we pay.

These people need to be severely punished and made the biggest example of fraud and gross negligence that compromised 143 million people for nothing but stupidity and greed.

• Genetics is the study of genes, genetic variation, and heredity in living organisms. It is generally considered a field of biology, but intersects frequently with many other life sciences and is strongly linked with the study of information systems.

I believe “generic” may be the term you were grasping for...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014