Hahn RaceCraft Turbo TorqueMonster!

• Here is one of our Stage 2X SST TurboSystems at a gentle setting of about 316 engine HP, or about 275 wheel HP. The blue tracks are HP and torque stock, the red tracks are with our Stage 2X TurboSystem.

Take careful note of the torque curve, which really isn't so much a "curve" as it is a vast, flat plateau of awesome, usable power. At 2500 RPM, we're already 20% more torque than stock. By 3000 RPM, we now have 100 more ft. lbs of torque to the wheel. By 3500 RPM...we've nearly DOUBLED stock torque at the wheel...and it carries through almost all the way to redline.

Don't let anyone tell you turbos are only about top end power. Done right, they are about ALL rpm power!

Click here for a video about our SST TurboSystem's boost response

• i never had a single issues with my Hahn 2X system. It was very stable and ran perfect. It even made some very respectful numbers above the 400hp range when teamed with a forged engine. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Hahn 2X system. It always performed like it could have been a factory turbo option. That was how I used to explain my setup to people when they asked.

I still have my Hahn 2x system for sale. I can't believe no one has bought it yet. It's probably the most complete kit for sale on market today... i include everything all the way down to the drill and tap for the oil return and the tube of gray Permatex gasket maker. And even rubber gloves to keep your hands clean. I even provide a programmed ECU to swap with the person that buys it. And 2 different exhaust systems. And the cold air intake.

Oh well. Its not eating any grass as they say..... so it can just sit in the sealed plastic container for a while longer.

• I have your stage 2x setup. What is different in this setup to get the turbo to light sooner? Mine doesn't seem to hit till after 3000rpm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

If you'd like to try it, we do offer a lower A/R turbine housing, a .48 as compared to the standard .63. The A/R designation refers to Area over Radius, a mathematical way of illustrating the turbine housing's inner geometry. Larger A/R favors top end HP, smaller increases mid-range torque and enhances lower RPM response.

An effective analogy is to that of a camshaft swap...larger cams preface top end power at the expense of reduced low speed power, and smaller cams vice-versa.

• Thanks for the kind words, sir. We always enjoyed your results, and as someone who was not bashful about mashing the gas constantly, your results were even more impressive.

• Would like more info about the Hahn turbo, is this thread still ongoing?

You bet it is! I was on Hurricane Hiatus for a few days, thanks to a powerful bitch named Irma whose aftermath is still throttling us to a degree, but we are definitely still ongoing, as is this thread!

Click here to learn more about Hahn RaceCraft's SST TurboSystems

Click here for our Slingshot YouTube Playlist

You can also find more info at our Vendor Section on this forum.

Should you have any further questions, boost is what we specialize in, and I'm most interested in helping you understand our products!

• Bill,
    I've seen your video starting off at lower RPM's with your turbo. The post above references the turbo spooling up after 3000 rpm.

At what RPM does your turbo start making power?
    Do you know where the Alpha turbo starts making it's power compared to yours?

I wish I could see a dyno of both to see how the power curve compares.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Bill,
    I've seen your video starting off at lower RPM's with your turbo. The post above references the turbo spooling up after 3000 rpm.

At what RPM does your turbo start making power?
    Do you know where the Alpha turbo starts making it's power compared to yours?

I wish I could see a dyno of both to see how the power curve compares.

Hi Casey!

I believe the fellow talking about power coming in at or above 3000 RPM is referring more to a "hard push", so to speak. Whereas we can start building boost well below that, it's just not as dramatic in "seat of the pants" feel until the engine gets to 3000 RPM. This is also a function of cam timing and engine tuning...they don't make a lot of poop under 3000 RPM in stock form either. But once boosted, it also pulls like a banshee well past 6000 PM, so it's still a mighty satisfying power curve.

If you find an Alpha dyno graph that you'd like to compare to ours, please let me know. I'd be happy to plot both on a graph for comparison.