Shift boot, warranty or not

• While I intend to replace my shifter setup with a new boot, short shifter and knob, the total cost of all items is keeping me from doing so for the time being. We had a bad storm come thru with golf to egg size hail and damage the roof, gutters, siding, 4 windows, 3 vehicles and a broke windshield. While covered, the deductibles are eating into mods cash.

So I asked my dealer about my shifter boot which for some reason has extreme dry rot between the folds, this is only it's 3rd summer which just started. It was actually bad at the end of last season. He felt as well it shouldn't be this bad and contacted Polaris for a replacement. Polaris is warranting the item, but did so as a 'Goodwill' gesture. Now while I appreciate them doing so, at what point does this warranty not cover this? Or why would they feel they shouldn't cover this? Only 2 years old, I actually have a top on most of the time blocking the sun, uv rays etc and you have made it out of a material that cannot sustain more than 2 years without breaking down?

It's not a high ticket item, but it just seems odd to me for this item that they would respond that maybe it wouldn't be covered, thoughts? I have the extended warranty on mine as with the first year model, I still believe was the smart thing to purchase, maybe even if you bought one now.

• Yeah, that should be replaced!

But really... It should be replaced by you! That thing is hideous...

Slingmods just listed some Status Racing boots for $35? Many color stitching to choose from... Or Ebay and you can get one from China for $20 or less (all black only though)!

• While I intend to replace my shifter setup with a new boot, short shifter and knob, the total cost of all items is keeping me from doing so for the time being. We had a bad storm come thru with golf to egg size hail and damage the roof, gutters, siding, 4 windows, 3 vehicles and a broke windshield. While covered, the deductibles are eating into mods cash.

So I asked my dealer about my shifter boot which for some reason has extreme dry rot between the folds, this is only it's 3rd summer which just started. It was actually bad at the end of last season. He felt as well it shouldn't be this bad and contacted Polaris for a replacement. Polaris is warranting the item, but did so as a 'Goodwill' gesture. Now while I appreciate them doing so, at what point does this warranty not cover this? Or why would they feel they shouldn't cover this? Only 2 years old, I actually have a top on most of the time blocking the sun, uv rays etc and you have made it out of a material that cannot sustain more than 2 years without breaking down?

It's not a high ticket item, but it just seems odd to me for this item that they would respond that maybe it wouldn't be covered, thoughts? I have the extended warranty on mine as with the first year model, I still believe was the smart thing to purchase, maybe even if you bought one now.

Glad they handled it! I will give you my old one if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk