Just bought bill's used Hahn turbo... What else do I need to buy?

• If you have the 2 bar map sensor, make sure you tell Bob when he does the tune. You do not want to swap back and forth from the single bar and two bar as that requires a different ecu tune as well as changing the map sensor from one to the other. Just use the two bar sensor and forget about it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• Too many sellers use different terminology to try to make their products stand out from others. Foe turbo systems, one company calls theirs a stage 2 while another calls the same system a stage one. The Hahn turbo system that does not use an intercooler, is a stage one. The stage two uses an intercooler and usually runs more boost. A two bar map sensor (and tune) on a stage two system is called a stage 2X. If you have Bob tune yours for a two bar map sensor, you'll have what hahn calls a stage 2X system. There is no valve that allows you to switch between stages. Just use the 2 bar map sensor and the two bar map sensor tuning from Bob and leave it alone

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @Garrett Taguchi you need to get ahold of @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft and let him explain what 2X is referring to . 2X is referring to running a 2bar MAP sensor. You cant switch around like you are referring to. It is a bt more than I can type here to cover all the details. If @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft doesn't see this and reach out you need to give him a quick call. I don't want to see you mess your engine up by installing something that is not accounted for in Bobs tune.

A clarification:

Both Stage 2 and 2X operate on the same fueling, 2-bar MAP sensor and tune that was jointly developed by myself and Bob @ OBD. Garrett can indeed switch back and forth at will, even automatically based on vehicle speed...and in a post below, I'll share a way we do just that!

• If you have the 2 bar map sensor, make sure you tell Bob when he does the tune. You do not want to swap back and forth from the single bar and two bar as that requires a different ecu tune as well as changing the map sensor from one to the other. Just use the two bar sensor and forget about it

Another clarification: For the past two years, we have only used the 2-bar sensor tuning approach that we pioneered with Bob. That's been the case ever since we did the development in mid-2015. There is no other iteration at this time. Bob knows precisely what to do!

• Too many sellers use different terminology to try to make their products stand out from others. Foe turbo systems, one company calls theirs a stage 2 while another calls the same system a stage one. The Hahn turbo system that does not use an intercooler, is a stage one. The stage two uses an intercooler and usually runs more boost. A two bar map sensor (and tune) on a stage two system is called a stage 2X. If you have Bob tune yours for a two bar map sensor, you'll have what hahn calls a stage 2X system. There is no valve that allows you to switch between stages. Just use the 2 bar map sensor and the two bar map sensor tuning from Bob and leave it alone

Final clarifications:

As mentioned in my clarifications above, Stage 2 and 2X both use the same 2-bar MAP sensor and tune. They are differentiated by boost levels only, and either power/boost setting is achievable with our Stage 2/2X TurboSystem.

As to nomenclature: We've always used the industry standard for staged system terminology, which is that a non-intercooled, lower boost system is the entry level,or Stage 1, and the addition of intercooling advances us to a Stage 2. Stage 1 can also be easily advanced to Stage 2/2X with a kit we sell:

Stage 1 to 2 Upgrade

And to cap off the clarifications, an additional fact not yet touched upon in this thread: Stage 1 as well as 2/2X all use the same injectors, reflash and 2-bar MAP sensor.

If anyone has questions, let me know!

• If you really want to increase boost for a true 2X system, I'd strongly recommend installing a built motor. The Stage 2/2X system Hahn sells is close to the max amount of boost that can be safely run in an unmodified engine. Generally-accepted wisdom is that the 2.4L engine can handle up to around 300 HP at the flywheel before risking a broken rod. This is close to what the various vendors produce. If you rebuild an older 2.4L engine that was made when they used forged rods or you buy some aftermarket forged rods, it can handle more than 300 HP. The various forced induction kits sold for the Slingshot from the Big 3 manufacturers offer as much power as can be safely run, but still, bad things can happen for a variety of reasons.

• Ideally, no. For best durability, Stage 2 and 2X are best served by 92-94 octane. Lower octane(s) can be used in a pinch, but only at light loads (no hard boost).

As promised above, here is our SpeedBoostGPS power management system. Have a click and a look!

SpeedBoostGPS

OK.. So I was browsing through the installation manual.. I saw that stage 2 required a minimum of 91 (my friend runs 91 on his stage 2). Is The 92-94 that u recommend for either 2 or 2x something that you realized after the manual was printed? Also, is what my friend mentioned about installing a valve on the hose for stage 2x something that will work to turn 2x on and off? And last question, i know boost in general is risky, but with that being said, 2 vs 2x, a huge increase in reliability?

• Going beyond the vendor setup to get more HP is RISKY! You may get more power from a stock engine (for a short period of time, maybe a long period if you're lucky), but pushing more than the vendor-built boost on a STOCK engine is ASKING for trouble.

I understand what you're saying.. That's is what I'm asking.. 2x (correct me if I'm wrong) is a vendor setup, right? So I would assume that Hahn is confident in the 2x setup.. However, I'm just looking for confirmation.

• OK.. So I was browsing through the installation manual.. I saw that stage 2 required a minimum of 91 (my friend runs 91 on his stage 2). Is The 92-94 that u recommend for either 2 or 2x something that you realized after the manual was printed? Also, is what my friend mentioned about installing a valve on the hose for stage 2x something that will work to turn 2x on and off? And last question, i know boost in general is risky, but with that being said, 2 vs 2x, a huge increase in reliability?

The difference between 91 and 92 is scant, for what it's worth.

Our SpeedBoostGPS is one method of switching back and forth between 2 and 2X, but other boost controller systems can achieve the same thing...be careful if you use some other method however, and closely follow the boost level recommendations in the manual.

2 is more reliable than 2x. If reliability is a primary concern, use Stage 2. If the prospect of going to an upgraded engine (something we are about to offer, incidentally!) in the future does not deter you, Stage 2X is more fun!

• The difference between 91 and 92 is scant, for what it's worth.
    Our SpeedBoostGPS is one method of switching back and forth between 2 and 2X, but other boost controller systems can achieve the same thing...be careful if you use some other method however, and closely follow the boost level recommendations in the manual.

2 is more reliable than 2x. If reliability is a primary concern, use Stage 2. If the prospect of going to an upgraded engine (something we are about to offer, incidentally!) in the future does not deter you, Stage 2X is more fun!

Thank u.. This puts it in perspective for me.. I am in no way ready for a new engine... I'm sure 2x is lots of fun, however I hear 2 is plenty fun as well :)

• I'd consider Hahn's Stage 2/2X system as a Stage 2 with around 8 lbs boost and the Stage 2X label meaning the system can be forced to produce more boost by changing springs i the wastegate, with the understanding that going beyond the as-delivered Stage 2 settings really needs a built motor.