Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• True Bill, and the laws we have were created with them in mind. But our Founding Fathers were also fleeing religious oppression. They also tried to learn from "when religion goes bad". You can look to the Middle East for a current example of when religion goes bad". ;)

• You know they say history always repeats itself. In 1095 AD was the first of the Crusades - could this be the first signs of massive religious wars on our horizon?? This may be an extreme assumption but it would appear that we are living in extreme times. One would think that we would learn from history.....but then??????

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• For it to be a religious war, you would first have to actually consider Islam as a religion - it's not. Rather it is a total system of life with geopolitical aspirations; it does contain a religious component but a rather twisted one. Please read the following speech:

Why Islam is Not a Religion > Rebecca Bynum

Also, for the "religious component" of Islam, read this:

Ten Reasons Why Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace

Know your enemies...

We are at war - the war on terror. War is not pretty & there will be casualties. The terror is being propagated by Islamic extremists both directly & by twisting the minds of the susceptible with their warped ideologies. Islam & the United States constitution cannot coexist.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• You are absolutely correct @Tripod - Islam is warlike portion of the Muslim Religion. It would appear that the attack on the mosque in Quebec was an attack on that religion just as Islam attacks us. We are fighting jihadists all over the world now. If we begin attacking the Muslim religion as a whole (all 6.9 billion) and they begin to retaliate it could make the Crusades look like a behind the gym fist fight.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I was wondering and didn't want to assume the answers.

Why did nobody that ripped on the "Women's March"(He's President, get over it) rip on the Pro-life(It's a law, get over it)march?

Why did nobody that ripped on Obama getting an unearned Nobel Peace Prize 1 month in or so and a medal at the end of his term(neither of which he elected himself for), rip on Trump when he made and signed an Executive Order making his own inauguration day a National Holiday(Patriots Day)? ?(

From the outside it looks like less of a problem with the act(as professed) and more a problem with the actors.

• So... about Trump's Executive Order making inauguration day a national holiday -- that has to be done by Congress. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/20…otism-spokesman-says.html (and that's from CNBC for crying out loud).

I didn't rip Pro-Life because they had a simple message that was easy to understand and that they were united over. They held a peaceful protest, protected under their first amendment rights. And honestly, I do think they should get over it, but just because they "get over it" doesn't mean they don't try to change things later on down the line, on both the political and abortion side of life.

Now, when I was doing my research on the "rape culture" that is propagated within the US per the "women's march" that you seem to somewhat support, I found that, while violent crimes (including rape and sexual assault) have decreased significantly over the last 20 years within the US, with the influx of immigrants into Europe, their rape and sexual assault numbers have INCREASED 16.5% over the past few years. And that's just reported assaults. According to some friends in Germany, the government is applying pressure to reduce the number of reported attacks. Just another metric for you to work with.

Come on, @WOLF, you have better arguments than this. :P

• Not arguing @sideseatdriver, just inquiring. I didn't know the Congress part, thanks for info.

I just think petitions are more effective and actually take less of your day away.

The "Woman's March" was peaceful and organized in keeping with 1st amend. rights, the many messages not so organized.

I give the Pro-life peeps a pass because it was National Pro-life day, or something like that.

I see both sides as whiny crybabies. "They did this", "He said that", "We should..." "Why can't they...", "We want...", "Now they want...", "We won they should...", "They won we're gonna...". And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus... ^^