Rear view mirror inside the cock pit

• I bought an after market rear view mirror that is supposed to mount to the center windshield support. Doing a test fit the giant mirror seems to block a lot of forward vision creating a blind spot from 12:30 to about 2 o'clock. My SS has a roof on it and after much deliberation I drilled a hole in the roof as far front as I could. I'm pretty happy with it now. I haven't driven it on the road yet to know how much I'll really be able to see.

• I'll post some pictures...soon. I also had a big deliberation about how to mount my cell phone so it doesn't block my view...that said I didn't use the windshield mount I mounted it directly to the hole right about the radio where the windshield bracket would bolt down...and I used the windshield reinforcement bracket on the underside of the dash. It does block some view but not like the mirror.

• I've got a MadStadd roof and was thinking about doing similar type thing, except I was going to mount mirror more towards mid area of roof. And have GPS mount, switches etc towards front. Interested to see your pics on this.