Gauges Fuse keeps blowing?

• I had my recall done a few weeks ago, i drove it to the dealership a two and half hour drive. set my cruise and no problems. got the recall done hit the interstate set cruise and about 20 minuets later lost all gauges and radio. got off at the next exit, checked all my other lights they were good. bought fuses and replaced all good. about an hour from home fuse blew again. replaced made it home good. okay went to little rock the other day for my military thing and fuse blew again lost radio and gauges. I am not sure why my radio stops working when it blows. i have an aftermarket radio the shark motorcycle radio. so i figured on the way back home ill do some trouble shooting. took out the cubby thinking the radio is getting hot so let some air in and didn't use cruise on the way back. almost home and the fuse blew again. IS ANYBODY having this issue or know what is causing it. i will be calling the dealership this week. This is getting frustrating. Any help Please

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

Edited once, last by Trooper: I believe i put this in the wrong form ().

• I thought I had already responded to this thread, but I don't see my post.
    I suspect a short in either the radio or gauge wiring.
    The Slingmods aftermarket radio power harness i used ti power my aftermarket radio comes with this warning - You will need to remove the 25 amp stereo fuse and the 5 amp gauge fuse from your factory fusebox before attempting to install your aftermarket power harness. If you do not, you risk shorting the 2 wires together and blowing the factory fuses. You may also disconnect your battery if you find that to be more convenient.
    This leads me to suspect a short in one or both of your circuits. I can't think of anything associated with the recall work that might have affected this, so I'd check your radio wiring first.

• I thought I had already responded to this thread, but I don't see my post.
    I suspect a short in either the radio or gauge wiring.
    The Slingmods aftermarket radio power harness i used ti power my aftermarket radio comes with this warning - You will need to remove the 25 amp stereo fuse and the 5 amp gauge fuse from your factory fusebox before attempting to install your aftermarket power harness. If you do not, you risk shorting the 2 wires together and blowing the factory fuses. You may also disconnect your battery if you find that to be more convenient.
    This leads me to suspect a short in one or both of your circuits. I can't think of anything associated with the recall work that might have affected this, so I'd check your radio wiring first.

Thank you, I think i will also do some more trouble shooting i will disconnect the radio harness and wire direct into my fuse block i bought and see if anything changes as well

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR