Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day

Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park 201 Motorsports Park Circle Summit Point, WV 25446

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am

• Ya think ..... smile-squared

Huh. That explains the cameras and the disclaimers so prominent all over.

Digging a bit further into this. Not what I signed up for. Definitely not what I paid for.

Edit: yeah, makes sense now. I retract anything sour that I said about Chris hall. If he was dealing with those guys, he did better than I would have.

Now I am a bit sour with motorcycle xtreme. Not right. All that talk about ride safe and just have fun. Just talk. Gonna follow up on that.

Still does not detract from the awesome experience. Wish I could do it again tomorrow, gladly with invaders.

• Rock took the words out of my mouth when he said the Invaders at twice the cost don't like to be shown up. I don't think any of the comments were in anyway disrespectful to fellow members or competitors. We Sling owners realize what a bargain we own compared to the Tanom product. Sorry I couldn't be there to meet more of the gang but if a trip to the Tanom is set up you can all meet at my house.

• Guys it was great to see you all!! Thanks so much for the invite out. I got cut off by one invador on a corner but I smoked past him on the next then rang some V8 in his buddy in front of him a few turns later. What a fun day!!! Tangos godzilla will be back and even nastier in no time.

See you all soon and be safe!!!!

• Over the years my brother has spent enough money on camera gear to buy Tango's sling. And he has a knack for it, I think. That is probably 10% of the pics he took. The rest were not up to his standards.

Funny, the last pic is me. Looks like I am going fast. That is serious photography skills.

Copyright to all those who tracked at Summit Point, WV on April 24, 2016. The pics belong to us who were there. Go for it dude.

• Wow!! Amazing pics!! Your brother did an excellent job! Thank you so very much!! Is it okay if we download and reproduce?? Thanks for posting @ethermion

Thanks for the kind words to my brother Karl. I will forward, and he will be pleased. I brought him out as co-pilot as part of the many surprises we did for him for his 50th birthday. Told him to bring his camera and a leather jacket. He didn't know. When he saw the the Summit Point signs, he busted out laughing. Worth it.

He rode with me the first two sessions, shutterbugged after. Was hoping to get him some of his own laps behind the wheel, but he wasn't comfortable with that. Might have been the right answer, or maybe we just need to wait for next time. He is an assertive driver if he knows the ride.

• Over the years my brother has spent enough money on camera gear to buy Tango's sling. And he has a knack for it, I think. That is probably 10% of the pics he took. The rest were not up to his standards.

Funny, the last pic is me. Looks like I am going fast. That is serious photography skills.

Copyright to all those who tracked at Summit Point, WV on April 24, 2016. The pics belong to us who were there. Go for it dude.

Awesome! Please thank your Brother from all of us!!

• So I guess the question is...

Do the people desire another Summit Point Track Day???

Absolutely. I couldn't sleep the night before, and couldn't find my zone. I could have done better.

And, next time I won't take the bait when you say I am in your sling. That rattled me. Seriously. I don't get fooled twice. Next time is your turn. Watch your 6.

But, yes, absolutely. Hard to learn the track, hidden turns and such. Now that I know the road, might actually pass somebody. In range esses and trigger, I was shifting. In your outstanding vid, you were not. dharmab gave me steering tips that only got deployed in my last session. They worked. Ready and eager to up my game.

• Thanks for the kind words to my brother Karl. I will forward, and he will be pleased. I brought him out as co-pilot as part of the many surprises we did for him for his 50th birthday. Told him to bring his camera and a leather jacket. He didn't know. When he saw the the Summit Point signs, he busted out laughing. Worth it.

He rode with me the first two sessions, shutterbugged after. Was hoping to get him some of his own laps behind the wheel, but he wasn't comfortable with that. Might have been the right answer, or maybe we just need to wait for next time. He is an assertive driver if he knows the ride.

These are excellent photos! The people are what make this forum so stinking special. Tell your brother thank you for the great shots!

• Hope not too many pics for folks, but they are many of is in the collection. Might be pic or two of somebody else that they like. Good pics too, I think.

@ethermion WOW great shots they say the camera adds 20lbs but I'm my case looks like it added 20mph. Please give your brother a big thank you! It was pleasure meeting him and greater pleasure seeing his work. Maybe he could be the official photographer for the group.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Has anyone researched that one that's opening in Fredericksburg? I didn't know what the announcer was talking about, but he seemed very unhappy about the safety of some other track that was opening.

He said they will not run there because the new track will have wall on the road course right up to the racing surface. I haven't been there but heard it was a beautiful facility. I would be willing to give it a go!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• These are excellent photos! The people are what make this forum so stinking special. Tell your brother thank you for the great shots!

Aw, shucks. Thanks for the kind words, though I did plan that out well. I think if I had told my brother in advance, he would not have posted.

More than one good pic of you and yours. Prompts me to give yet another award. Most awesome bride: Mrs Cameron. I tried hard, hard, hard to get my bride to ride along. She doesn't like fast, and fled to Canada. Seriously. I pushed too hard, and she bought tickets to Toronto to visit a friend.

Let's keep up the chit-chat about another track day and more rides. Track day is good livin' without my bride. Cruisin' the beautiful back roads of Virginia with my bride is good livin'. Life is short, and I ain't wastin' it.