Slingshot Hood Latching Problem Discovered

• @SlingJockey That is an answer to the problem for sure. I do not think they intended for that clip to hit the latch bracket. Thanks for your testimony for this problem and your solution. This is why this forum is so helpful, we can feed off each others experiences to find solutions to things that go wrong.

• About 6 months after I got my SS, I grew tired of latching issues and with discussions at that time around spring of 2015, I made the following mod and have not have issues since. Just took the dremel and removed and shaped a small amount off that corner where it was hitting near the clip.

SJ!!! How the hell are ya'?! Long time, no post!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Roadhouse Looking at the latch, it looks like they switched the passenger side front latchassembly with the Drivers side assembly. The striker is quite long and would be able to work with that nicely. Just wanted to clarify that they did not just reverse the latches on each side, but reversed the whole latch assemblies. Thanks for your input into this problem of the hood latching system failure. All of our input is valuable info.This will also help with access to the cables in case the hood release fails to release the latches.

Sam, Each bracket is just turned around, they did not swap sides. The striker has no issues with the change to latch bracket. Also those rubber bumper stops in the picture by the windshield makes a huge difference. With them installed the rear latch bracket no longer get hit by hood and now no bouncing of the rear bracket.

• Well it looks like it works for you and the rest of us may have to look at making this change. I do like the bumpers at the windshield. That is a plus. Thanks for your contribution to the problem solution, there are 4 latches and they all effect the hood closure.