Has anyone measured amp draw from headlamps

• I'm looking at light bars, im going to be doing away with my outter lamps and signals and running a double row light bar under the center 2 lamps. Light bar will only be used as a bright. Turn signals will be relocated to a later disclosed area ;) kinda curious on amp draw seems like good light bars draw 6 amps. Thanks in advance.

• Depends on whether or not you have halogens or HIDs/LEDs.
    After Polaris redesigned th headlight circuits (the Headlight Recall fix), there are two headlight circuits, each rated for 20A. One handles the Center headlights (plus the Canadian headlights, if you have added those). The other circuit is for the outer auxiliary headlights. If you are running the halogens, your center circuit is drawing 2 x 65W or about 11A. If you also have halogen Canadian headlights with 2 x55W bulbs, that's an additional 9.2A or so which maxes out the center circuit. The outer auxiliary headlight circuit runs 2 x 55W or abolut 9.2A, meaning you could power the light bar off the outer circuit using a relay triggered by the center high beam wire and still be within specs. You could also use the Fog light circuit (10A), again triggered by a relay from the center circuit high beam wire.
    I have the Cycle Springs LED setup meaning I have 2 x 36W plus 2 x 25W on the center circuit or about 10.2A, meaning I could easily run a 6A light bar by simply connecting it to the high beam wiring and still be withing spec for that circuit.
    I rewired my outer auxiliary headlights to the Fog Light circuit (replaced the headlight connectors on the Fog Light circuit to fit the outer headlights. This should leave the outer headlight circuit free to run a light bar, for example, by simply hooking it up to the high beam circuit.
    If you have any other questions, supply me some specifics and maybe I can answer them.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Depends on whether or not you have halogens or HIDs/LEDs.
    After Polaris redesigned th headlight circuits (the Headlight Recall fix), there are two headlight circuits, each rated for 20A. One handles the Center headlights (plus the Canadian headlights, if you have added those). The other circuit is for the outer auxiliary headlights. If you are running the halogens, your center circuit is drawing 2 x 65W or about 11A. If you also have halogen Canadian headlights with 2 x55W bulbs, that's an additional 9.2A or so which maxes out the center circuit. The outer auxiliary headlight circuit runs 2 x 55W or abolut 9.2A, meaning you could power the light bar off the outer circuit using a relay triggered by the center high beam wire and still be within specs. You could also use the Fog light circuit (10A), again triggered by a relay from the center circuit high bean wire.
    I have the Cycle Springs LED setup meaning I have 2 x 36W plus 2 x 25W on the center circuit or about 10.2A, meaning I could easily run a 6A light bar by simply connecting it to the high beam wiring and still be withing spec for that circuit.
    I rewired my outer auxiliary headlights to the Fog Light circuit (replaced the headlight connectors on the Fog Light circuit to fit the outer headlights. This should leave the outer headlight circuit free to run a light bar, for example, by simply hooking it up to the high beam circuit.
    If you have any other questions, supply me some specifics and maybe I can answer them.

The original circuit relay/breaker will not support the center lights and the Canadian lights on high beam. Doesn't take but a few seconds and you cannot touch the relay and it will start cycling. That is why I changed to all led's so that I could run the high beams.

• Mine is 2016 sl, all stock. After pulling the weather boot looks like I have halogens but no recall done or has ever came up. Not trying to add more lights but substitute a 12" dual led light bar for the outter lamps, the outter lamps will be deleted, along with the brackets and the bar they attach to.

• Chances are you already have the modded headlight circuits. Check your Fuse box to see if you have more than 1 headlight circuit, not counting the Fog Light circuit. Polaris originally had both the 65W center headlights and the 55W outer auxiliary headlights on the same 20A relay, but used a 30A breaker to "protect" the circuit. This meant the circuit was carrying 20A plus whatever power the center headlights needed to operate the high beam shutters. Naturally, the 30A breaker wouldn't activate under these conditions, but the 20A relay could be stressed too much and would malfunction, causing loss of headlights or even catching fire and destroying the fuse box. I'm not sure how they have the 2016+ fuse block labeled. The headlight recall fix used the unused blower circuit to create a second circuit for the outer headlights.
    If you're removing the outer headlights, you should be able to use the existing wiring to connect the light bar and use a relay triggered by the center headlight high beam wire to activate the light bar.

• Well I officially went on a short night ride with just the center 2 lamps, my decision to remove the outter lamps is clear now....the coming off, so now it's time to start buying parts and wait till December and cut the crap outta my ss.