Any interest in a open track day during Biketoberfest 2017 in Daytona Oct. 14th or 15th @ the F.I.R.M.

• The Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park The folks at the F.I.R.M. have asked me to check into what interest there would be in having an open track day at their facility during Biketoberfest in Daytona this year? They would run the event, unlike last year where I was the event planner and promoter. The cost would be the normal $200.00 for the day, you still have to have the arm restraints and SA2010 full Face Helmet, if you don't have one, they will rent you one along with the arm restraints. We had a great time last year and this would be a closed to SS and other approved reverse trikes for the day unless we cannot get 25 entries, then it might be an open track day where we would be on track with full size vehicles and full out race cars. @NoelHughes and @3BUXX Scott Brown and@Daniel Isabelle have done this before and can attest that it is no big deal, that most of the time we are faster than the cars.

Anyway, let me know and I'll pass the results onto the folks at the firm.

• OK.... Here is what I know. @Stickerdick , @Noel Hughes , @Dave@ddmworks , @jwelter & @SlingbladeSL (SlingShot Rentals of Atlanta, Gabe) have all said they would like to participate. And from what I have seen from these guys, that means it will be serious as far as track days go. But even with them, that's only 7 drivers max. We need 15.

The only open day available is on the 14th of October, that is a Friday.

Saturday the track is hosting a Rally Cross event and they use the back half of the track for them. So.... if we want to run on Saturday, we would only be able to use the front half of the track, that eliminates some of the higher speed turns and the two hair pins. The track would go from a 1.6mile course to a .8 mile course, half the track, half the fun, still would be $200.00 per entry. I need to know for sure.... How many DRIVERS are going to pay the $200.00 entry fee, do they want to run Friday on the full track or Saturday on 1/2 a track and we would need to send our entry fees in like NOW! So please let me know by the end of the week, or this will be a no go.

• After speaking to @Noel Hughes, I had another long conversation with the track and with some of our other main players.... Friday will not work since the three large vendors of SlingShot accessories will be busy on Friday and Saturday in Downtown Daytona.... I think if we do a track day, it will be on that Monday, the 17th of October, or.... and this seems to be the more likely scenario, one that will be nice for those of us within an hour or two drive, The track is planning on having a Sunday track day (October 23rd), with the Honda S2000 club and it will be open to other vehicles as well... I think that is the route I will be taking. $214.00 for a day of fun.... I can live with that.