Learned a few tricks ........

The new site is great ( thanks again @rabtech ) but the format is new to me ..... I did figure out a couple things today ....

If you accidentally click the wrong post rating (like, dislike...whatever is added) if you click it again it deletes your rating

More importantly if want to reply to a post but only want to quote part of it just highlight the part you want quoted then hit the quote icon ....only what you highlighted will show in your reply ....

Maybe not new to some but it might help eliminate some of the clutter with entire long posts being added to replies.....

... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• More importantly if want to reply to a post but only want to quote part of it just highlight the part you want quoted then hit the quote icon ....only what you highlighted will show in your reply ....

thanks for this goodie- tried to figure out how to do it, but couldn't :(
    figured out the un-do rating when I tried to give a post a double thumbs up! :D

• Thank you @Orangeman. I have been so busy that I haven't explained the board that well. Any time you or anyone else discovers a feature that needs to be put into a FAQ please post it. I will compose an article that covers all of these features soon and get it posted.

This forum has many standard features that are typical across all forums. It also has some features that are new and much better than other systems. And of course it has some really aggravating things that I am having trouble adapting to. As many have seen over the last few days I am working to fix any issues that pop up and add the features people really want.

One of the things that I am currently correcting is the issue where the NSFW post are showing on the "recent post" dashboard page.... That needs to be changed. And the other issue is adding the section for vendors to have a home...

I know everyone want a "winner" or "agree" button. I am having an small issue with these two buttons. It seems simple but when you alter a theme it changes the core for the whole board. And when you make those changes other items may not work as intended.

For those that are using a different theme you may have already noticed a few subtle changes between each one. The reason I bring this up is because I need to find a compatible theme that works for all devices and is easy on the eyes. I can build the rest of the board on that theme and keep it that way. This is why you don't usually see a forum change its design very often. Once all the customization is laid into the board it gets very sensitive to changes made to the theme.

I know no one really cares about the tech part of the board but I just thought I would try to explain it a little bit. Nothing is impossible to change. I just want to make sure I get the foundation laid correctly so that it will stand up to many years of traffic.....

• I know no one really cares about the tech part of the board but I just thought I would try to explain it a little bit

We all care- but mostly that you don't burn out!
    Personally, I'm just darn grateful for being invited.
    Another thing about being here- I must be home, because I'm not worried about admitting the ton of information that I don't know, or asking stupid questions. I found myself PM'ing questions on the other site after being a sideswiped- you're using the wrong tool, you don't know what you're doing....... Blah blah blah. (even if the above was correct- which in that particular case it was not-the wording could have been far less dismissive.) PM responses were always awesome- probably because most of the members are over here!
    You deserve incredible kudos for all you've accomplished!