Gibbs Rule #9

• I just bought one off eBay for $160 - this is all your fault - I’ve caught knife fever again :00008172:

I just bought the one I linked here - and if its all my fault your back into the hobby I'm okay with that, Thats what friends are for :evil:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just bought the one I linked here - and if its all my fault your back into the hobby I'm okay with that, Thats what friends are for :evil:

I already bought some new scales for mine - I really like the G-10 handle that comes with it but thought I would customize it just a bit - once I finish it I will post a pic

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I already bought some new scales for mine - I really like the G-10 handle that comes with it but thought I would customize it just a bit - once I finish it I will post a pic

I look forward to seeing your new toy. Like you I also enjoy doing a bit of customization from time to time. Put aluminum scales on my Benchmade Griptilian and just put this deep carry clip on my Para 3 - - carries much lower in the pocket than the stock clip, in fact I already received a flytanium deep carry clip to put on the new paramilitary 2 when it gets here.

here is the para 3 with the Lynch deep carry clip

I really like the way its designed specifically for this knife and doesn't block the lanyard hole like most do

I have a feeling I will be doing business again with Lynch in the future - https://www.lynchnw.com

• Got same deep carry clip ordered - also ordered lanyard hole plug - I’ll never use it so why have it.

• Deep Carry clip for the Para Military 2 should be here tomorrow :thumbsup:

• my little collection of California legal Kershaw automatics - blade less than 2 inch and they fit really great in that 5th pocket where its completely out of the way 8o

• For anyone interested - here is a link to an incredible deal- its part of a 24 hour sale and this particular knife has an CPM s90v steel blade and carbon fiber scales - its what Spyderco calls a sprint run which means its a limited special edition of the knife - normal price is around $350, but for a few hours you can get it here for more than 1/2 off

https://www.dlttrading.com/spy…ber-s90v-blade-sprint-run

if I hadn't already exceeded my knife budget for a long time I would be all over this deal

• For anyone interested - here is a link to an incredible deal- its part of a 24 hour sale and this particular knife has an CPM s90v steel blade and carbon fiber scales - its what Spyderco calls a sprint run which means its a limited special edition of the knife - normal price is around $350, but for a few hours you can get it here for more than 1/2 off

https://www.dlttrading.com/spy…ber-s90v-blade-sprint-run

if I hadn't already exceeded my knife budget for a long time I would be all over this deal

https://www.bladehq.com/item--…en-Lockback-Knife--175391

Blade Headquarters is a company I have dealt with in the past and almost always has the cheapest place I can find - and will price match if you call.

• https://www.bladehq.com/item--…en-Lockback-Knife--175391

Blade Headquarters is a company I have dealt with in the past and almost always has the cheapest place I can find - and will price match if you call.

well, as I said, I have already exceeded my knife budget at this point and as much as I think this knife would make a great collectable, I'm still happy with where I am at the moment - besides that I still have a few little mods coming for a couple of my knives to keep my little mind occupied for now. add to that the fact the PM2 I just got uses the same CPM s90V steel and CF scales dont really thrill me so nothing I really need at this time

• well, as I said, I have already exceeded my knife budget at this point and as much as I think this knife would make a great collectable, I'm still happy with where I am at the moment - besides that I still have a few little mods coming for a couple of my knives to keep my little mind occupied for now. add to that the fact the PM2 I just got uses the same CPM s90V steel and CF scales dont really thrill me so nothing I really need at this time

no worries - just showing you a good place I have found to shop if the fever hits you again….which you know it will 😬

• got my last ca legal auto - set of 4 is now complete

• my favorite source of information on the various knife steels is this:

Knife Steel Nerds

and one of the reasons for my most recent purchase of this - Spyderco Paramilitary 2 - is the CPM S90V blade - - - should hold an edge better than just about any other knife I own and if/when it needs sharpening I will probably send it in to Spyderco

Edit - the guy who runs the site linked above is actually the person who invented the formula for MagnaCut Steel so he knows his knife steel

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• my newest Karambit - a Fox knives 802 tribal designed by Doug Marciada knife designer and judge on Forged in Fire. Compared to some others its on the smaller size with only a 2.25 inch blade, but I find it to be just about perfect for easy EDC

and a link for those interested - Karmbit.com - Fox 802 tribal

• and this one is the next one on my list - Lionsteel L.E.O.N

its a larger knife with a one piece solid aluminum frame and the blade is Magnacut steel - - - this should be the end of my Karambit obsession

8o

• For sharpening purposes you should check this out. I bought one of these several years ago and IMO it is the best thing out there. It’s a little bit of a learning curve so I suggest using some old kitchen knives or a really cheap knife you don’t care about to start. I have been sharpening my Spyderco Police with it and you can sharpen any knife to pass the paper test.

https://www.worksharptools.com…ion-knife-tool-sharpener/

Once you sharpen you skill😬 you can sharpen anything you own (except the curved blades you like🙁)

• For sharpening purposes you should check this out. I bought one of these several years ago and IMO it is the best thing out there. It’s a little bit of a learning curve so I suggest using some old kitchen knives or a really cheap knife you don’t care about to start. I have been sharpening my Spyderco Police with it and you can sharpen any knife to pass the paper test.

https://www.worksharptools.com…ion-knife-tool-sharpener/

Once you sharpen you skill😬 you can sharpen anything you own (except the curved blades you like🙁)

actually there is a guy who sharpens knives at my wife's farmers markets - this is all this guy does and he is very good at it and for other vendors, which he counts me as, he does it for free - although I do give him one of my wife's products when he sharpens knives for me

• really like the way this Fox Knives 802 fits in my hand, Reminds me of when I was a kid, my grandmother volunteered at the hospital in Oakland CA, one day they had a police officer come in and talk to the volunteer ladies about how to stay safe when walking to their cars at night. his number one suggestion was that they carry an old school style can opener in their hand with just the pointed tip sticking out. his logic was that if someone grabbed them they could reach back over their shoulder and claw the bad guys eyes and face with it and that because the entire thing except the hook was in their hand it would be very difficult for the bad guy to take it or knock it away. This knife feels like that, like it would be very difficult for it to be taken or knocked away, also as an EDC its great for opening boxes and cutting twine.

this

or this

• I wanted to ask you how you like the Magna Cut steel ? Considering buying a Benchmade with it. What I read it seems like a really great knife steel.

• I wanted to ask you how you like the Magna Cut steel ? Considering buying a Benchmade with it. What I read it seems like a really great knife steel.

until my Lionsteel Karambit arrives I only have one knife with the magnaCut and so far I really like it seems to hold an edge very well, but I also haven't really had it long enough to really know as much as I would like - time will be the true test