....Need some assistance with a 2023 sound system install..... (Anyone using the UAS steering wheel wire Harness)

• .....this is on a 2021 R .....installing a Atoto F7 headunit, amps , speakers, Dsp, woofer behind seat........so I have sound the issue is getting the steering wheel control to work and yes I have the UAS wire harness for the headunit & the wire harness for the steering wheel controls........my question is does anyone have the electrical schematic so I can find the right can bus (-) wire, that I need to find....I'm sure I found the right plug according to UAS install directions but trying to pinpoint the right wire......b4 I have to contact UAS

• .....this is on a 2021 R .....installing a Atoto F7 headunit, amps , speakers, Dsp, woofer behind seat........so I have sound the issue is getting the steering wheel control to work and yes I have the UAS wire harness for the headunit & the wire harness for the steering wheel controls........my question is does anyone have the electrical schematic so I can find the right can bus (-) wire, that I need to find....I'm sure I found the right plug according to UAS install directions but trying to pinpoint the right wire......b4 I have to contact UAS

Let's send and alert to a great dealer xd675x

I have the Service Manual which has numerous wiring diagrams and not sure what to look for??

• I have the Service Manual which has numerous wiring diagrams and not sure what to look for??

.....does it have the electrical schematic, if so you would have to search for the plug with those wires, reading the schematic can be a job in itself......I'll be giving UAS a call this afternoon to try and remedy this, it's only one wire that's stopping this part of the job

• ...well I been on the phone twice today with UAS & once with slingmods and I have to say , this steering wheel harness for the 2021 is presenting a problem that's not FIXED yet, UAS had me remove the tape from the module to check that all the pins were set right for the ATOTO headunit and the unit has power and ground coming from UAS wire harness for the aftermarket head unit install.....but something isn't right .....now they both say I can send it back but I rather I get it working right b4 I give up......I need an electrical schematic BAD for a 2021

• MADDMOE

Changed the title of the thread from “....Need some assistance with a sound system install.....” to “....Need some assistance with a 2023 sound system install..... (Anyone using the UAS steering wheel wire Harness)”.
  • .....does it have the electrical schematic, if so you would have to search for the plug with those wires, reading the schematic can be a job in itself......I'll be giving UAS a call this afternoon to try and remedy this, it's only one wire that's stopping this part of the job

Yes, the manual has numerous schematic wiring diagrams for 2020 and 2021 models??

• .....OK came down to my garage with a fresh mind, full belly and eager to solve today's issues and BAM got the steering wheel controls working with this Atoto headunit.......what I discovered was the UAS steering wheel harness was wired up right and i could tell because the module light was red when on but every time i hit one of the buttons on the steering wheel it would light up green with every touch, telling me it's getting the signal from the steering wheel, what the issue was the headunit settings was where i had to go to find the steering wheel options for control and once i set that to the right settings everything worked great , up & down vol, next track etc........

Thanks for you guys help........