A working solution for anyone interested in installing gauges

• even though i might be a recently new owner of a slingshot. I noticed that the need for a temp gauge is one thing I needed. So I did my research. Saw many gave good advice on how to use adapters to achieve getting a somewhat reliable temp reading. So I just had previously had found out that the ECM language is J1939. Which is primarily used on Heavy Duty Semi trucks, marine applications, and Contruction vehicles. WHich i have no idea why Polaris decided that was a good way to start. And they solved that issue with the pro star motor by using standard OBD2. Anyways, let’s get to the point. There will be no better temp reading than what the ECU is getting. In order for that to work. You would need a gauge that operates on the J1939 platform. So I literally found a gauge and just tested it. And it’s a super affordable at the same time you can display dual pids or dual info using your IPhone or android phone to control it. On ebay the gauge is about $94!!! I know now you’re like tell me what the hell this thing is. Lol.

The gauge to get is:

Veratron VL Flex 52- J1939

Here are some shots:

Now you can wire it up how ever ya want and I recommend downloading the manual. It’ll have the wiring diagram. All I used is 4 wires. The rest are for other sensors etc.. here are my snap shots of the wiring diagram of both the service manual and gauge’s manual.

VERY SIMPLE TO INSTALL and heck you can have more than one if you need more gauges. All the necessary info is all in the ECM. And this allows you to display oil pressure, map, etc…. Oh and for those that find this helpful. Your welcome! ;)