I Know It's Sacrilege, But...

• I have an enclosed trailer.........

If I haul the SS on my open trailer, I would cover it......

I don't like road grime in every nook and cranny.......

So cover it this way........

Get light weight soft blankets and cover the SS.

Then put your trailering cover over it.

You'll never get a dull scuff anywhere.

I was a snowmobiler for 35 years.

I've seen machines that the flapping cover broke up the decals on the shroud, and dulled the windshields badly.

I always covered my sleds this way, and never had a "dull moment!"

Polaris started making a precover that fit over the shroud. I bought one for my wife's sled and it worked flawlessly for years!!

My buddies wife sewed an entire cover out of terrycloth which was awesome!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Leah , I was a full time RVer so I had to trailer my Sling and crossed the country several times. Yes, I used a cover most of the time - go over newly surfaced road and you will find tar chips in/on the Sling. As EJ said, only some rub on the roll bars. If it rains or hails, cover helps. The first year I went without the cover and had too many people paying more attention to the Sling than the road. I had a SlingThing trailer.

• I've had 2 trailers for the SS:

• 8.5 x 24 V-Nose Enclosed - Just too big - towing an 8000lb trailer for a 2000 lb car. You will need to get a 8.5" wide at least - and double check the width between the wheel wells. I literally had 0.75" between each side pulling in. I also added cabinetry and fold down beds, but it was just too big for what I needed. I would suggest looking for an 8.5 x16 if you're set on an enclosed trailer.
    • 8x14 Aluminum purpose-built open - Light (only 800 lbs) but with a single axle, I've been getting lots of cracks in it, both in the welds and in the spots where the C-Channels meet on the side.

SlingThings in Florida does make purpose built SS trailers and you can get options in them if you want. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

There are some purpose built travel trailers you can get that can tow the SS too, but again, ramp angle, ramp height, and garage depth have always been the issue (and big $$$!!!)

At this point, I think I'm just going to go back to a regular flat bed car hauler. Again, have to watch for the width and ramp angle, but a couple of 2x12's x2' long will get the nose up enough for the ramp (you'll usually hit nose first, but if you can clear that, the rear will be fine).