Removing Hood Decal

• Have any of you tried to remove the "SLINGSHOT" hood lettering after a few years? After 6 years mine is starting to look pretty rough and was going to replace it with the raised Tuf Skin decals. Was wondering if those stock decals get really brittle after a few years and I'm going to have to remove those letters in a thousand pieces and scratch up my hood. I know I'll need to heat them up. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

• Have any of you tried to remove the "SLINGSHOT" hood lettering after a few years? After 6 years mine is starting to look pretty rough and was going to replace it with the raised Tuf Skin decals. Was wondering if those stock decals get really brittle after a few years and I'm going to have to remove those letters in a thousand pieces and scratch up my hood. I know I'll need to heat them up. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

When removing decals and such heat is good....I would use a Hair Dryer rather than a heat gun (as a painting contractor I very seldom use a heat gun). Hair dryer and finger nails.... Goo Gone is good as is rubbing alcohol. Generally want to clean with alcohol before adhering new graphics.