Do aftermarket exhaust systems void warranty?

• Does installing an aftermarket exhaust void the factory warranty? I'm thinking about the ZZperformance rear exit exhaust once ones available for the 2021 Slingshot but I still have a year left on my factory warranty and don't want to void it. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks Todd

• Does installing an aftermarket exhaust void the factory warranty? I'm thinking about the ZZperformance rear exit exhaust once ones available for the 2021 Slingshot but I still have a year left on my factory warranty and don't want to void it. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks Todd

Haven't heard much about aftermarket exhaust on the new Polaris motors....Toooo new. Never heard of any problems with the aftermarket exhausts on the GM 2.4 motors. And they have had lots of use.

• Polaris seems to have a tendency to use any non-factory add-on as an excuse to deny extended warranty coverage. They seem to be a little more forgiving during the standard warranty. Some individual dealers seem to be more willing than others to do a better job of representing their customers when dealing with Polaris about warranty issues in general. The safest approach is to assume that Polaris will probably try to blame any problems even remotely attributable to being caused by an aftermarket mod if they think they can get away with it.

Possible examples -

Blow a head gasket and have an aftermarket exhaust? Polaris may well blame the new exhaust as causing too much back-pressure!

Have a battery go bad and have any aftermarket electrical items? Polaris may blame those LED headlights or aftermarket amp for causing the problem.

Any aftermarket mod adding more HP and experience any drive-train problems? You guessed it!...

Even if the mod isn't the cause of the problem, Polaris may refuse to fix the problem unless the vehicle is restored to stock and the problem still exists. Again, some dealers are more accommodating than others when dealing with such situations.

• with the standard warranty I dont think they would give you too much crap about aftermarket mods - there are actually laws protecting you right to make mods without it messing up with the factory warranty

On the other hand extended warranties that are purchased can have all kinds of clauses in them saying mods are not allowed - - these warranties are a separate thing from the factory warranty, unlike what their name implies they do not actually extend the original warranty - they are an add on stand alone warranty that has its own coverage and its own limitations

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• with the standard warranty I dont think they would give you too much crap about aftermarket mods - there are actually laws protecting you right to make mods without it messing up with the factory warranty

On the other hand extended warranties that are purchased can have all kinds of clauses in them saying mods are not allowed - - these warranties are a separate thing from the factory warranty, unlike what their name implies they do not actually extend the original warranty - they are an add on stand alone warranty that has its own coverage and its own limitations

The extended warranties from Polaris are good and if you have a good dealer they are great. I was well pleased with all my problems that were taken care of by Neilsen's Ent, Lake Villa, IL