• Can you tap into the speaker wires coming from the head unit to each speaker and then run them to the amp? I ask this because there is a switch in the head unit to turn off internal amp if you happen to get interference with rca connector to the amp I believe I read something like that in the manual. Or do I have to disconnect the speaker wires at the head unit and run them to the amp? If it will work either way is one way better than the other? Thanks

• Amps generally prefer low-level RCA inputs, called low-level because they're typically much less than 1V. High-level inputs are used when the sound source lacks RCA pre-amp outputs and the speaker outputs from the radio/sound source are connected directly to the amp inputs, generally via bare wire connections, not RCA connectors. Most audio shops will connect to the amp using the low-level connections, since the low-level low voltage signals are less likely to cause interference. The key point is to use low-level or high-level connections from the source to the amp, but NOT both.

• Ok so if I’m following you correctly, I will be using the low level inputs because I have pre- amp outputs correct? I bought the kicker 4 channel rca connectors. I have them going from the pre - amp head unit to the inputs on the amp. So your saying I cannot connect both high and low voltage. So the high voltage would be the speaker wires from the head unit wiring harness to the bare speaker connectors on the amp. That would be considered ( high voltage)? If I am understanding you correctly I will plug the rca connectors from the head unit into the rca inputs on the amp and leave the speaker wires from the head unit connected to the speakers and that would be considered (low voltage)? I added pictures of the equipment I am using just in case I’m still not understanding the hook up. With what I have and not adding any other components, if this is what you were using how would you wire it? High or low? And or another way. I hope this is enough information to un-confuse me.

• If your head unit has the pre-amp RCA, use those. These will go from head unit to amp - then amp has your wires to speakers. Like it says in that pic, turn off internal amp using preamp outs and you should be good. Not sure how your amp is but on RCA input but I needed to use a 12v signal wire to turn the amp on. When using Hi/Lo inputs I didn't have to, so just something to read up and understand for your amp.

• If your head unit has the pre-amp RCA, use those. These will go from head unit to amp - then amp has your wires to speakers. Like it says in that pic, turn off internal amp using preamp outs and you should be good. Not sure how your amp is but on RCA input but I needed to use a 12v signal wire to turn the amp on. When using Hi/Lo inputs I didn't have to, so just something to read up and understand for your amp.

• That was a simple explanation straight and to the point. Sometimes especially with me I get more out of less the way my brain works. I use visual associations you just made something that for days I’ve been trying to wrap my head around into something as clear as day👍 what a piece of cake. I was thinking to myself, why is it that I can wire my whole basement, from breaker box to every 2 or 3 way light switch and outlet but I can’t wire a a dam car stereo.🤔 3GunSteve Thank you for putting it into layman’s terms for me. And thanks again to everyone who contributed to this Complicatedly easy job. Still have a long way to go to catch up to you guys!

• Thought I would send you a a few pictures for you to evaluate how I did. It’s been in the 90’s with about 90% humidity no need to tell you how that felt working on it for days. I used all possible attaching points that were factory everywhere that it is mounted I used rubber grommets for both air gaps and for cushioning so it flexes with the road. I’m glad I went through the effort to re - wire everything that had to be to add the amp. I really thought it sounded good without the amp, but boy I’m glad the people on this forum encouraged me to add the amp and I am sure glad I did. What a difference!!!! Thanks again to all.