2016 SL - How to completely remove the factory stereo wireharness?

• Looking to upgrade the whole thing. Factory stereo in the SL sucks. I can pull apart the dash, windshield, etc. Anyone ever completely remove the factory stereo and its harness? It looks like most of the harness goes up through the firewall along the inside up the motor area. Fairly easy up to the point I think.

Any tips would be great. I plan on installing:

JL Audio 10" sub with SSV works enclosure.

JL Audio Amps.

SSV Works rear hump pods and new front pods.

Possible Alpine head unit or Kenwood. Need something with HDMI input for external devices.

• Just went through the SL... and yep the whole wireharness comes out. It was a bit of pain. I already pulled off the windshield and dash. The traced it. There is a connection by the fuse block then it goes under the dash to some end connector. Then it goes along the inside of the firewall and into the radio section.. I just removed it all, the SL radio and its entire harness. Not a big deal. From what I can see, nothing is needed on this thing.

I googled this and other stereo shops have done the same thing. Full removal of the wire harness and radio.

Now on to the important installation!! Much more power, speaker and a SUBBB finally!!!