2021 Dashboard Removal

• Hey Gang,

I recently went through the removal of the dashboard in the 2021 Slingshot R. I noticed that there are a few pins that aren't mentioned in some of the removal instructions.

If you try these directions that have been posted by Polaris the dash will not come off :)

There are 4 additional push pins that are required to remove. See pics below:

1. Side Trim push pin closes to the engine on both left and right sides:

2. There are also push pins under the dash on each side of the ride command system. The pic below will show the pin from underneath and I have also circled where the are located with the dash off on the second pic:

3. Lastly, if you have tweeters in your dash, be sure to unplug them before completely removing the dashboard. Here is what the connector looks like:

Other than that you are good to go. I just wouldn't want some folks pulling up and ruining their dashboard or speaker connections!

Thanks!!!

• I didn't want to take my dash apart on my 2020 R. I even talked to the installer at my dealer and he said bring it by and he would be glad to show me how to do it. I wued the rubber well nuts to install mine. You have to drill out the two hloes to the proper sive for the well nuts but he said there was no wires routed there so drilling was ok. Just made sure that I didn't drill any deeper then through the plastic.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• NP I seen that as the easiest way. Glad you got it done. Sorry I should have explained the well nut thing better. They are often used when mounting trolling motors where there is no way to reach up under the gunnel.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Dash disassembly is honestly not that bad. I disassembled to install the DDM center post for my F4 windshield. I actually had to do it twice and second time was much easier. I imagine I will do it a third time looking for a place to install and amp lol