The end of a LONG journey - But the start of a new chapter

• I'm sure this thread is going to have mixed emotions for many people. But most of us who have been here as well as TDS, have known Bill Martin through Slingshot events and rides. Some of us others have been able to get to know the REAL Bill and Angie outside of Slingshots. We're aware of all they've been through over the past several years. Having that HORRIBLE life changing hurricane last year taking away his primary residence and basically making him homeless would ruin most people's outlook on life. Both Bill and Angie refused to go down that road and thought about their future. They set a plan in motion and it started to fall in place.

As they went back to their old stomping grounds to see what their former (actually it's still theirs, but is in the middle of MAJOR repairs) some 7 months later had to be horrific. Just seeing how much damage and destruction remains in that area is shocking - but there aren't enough words to describe what he used to call home looks like in 2021. They packed up the reaming belongings and headed off to their new place in Maggie Valley to start a new life - meeting new friends and remembering the old ones who went out of their way to open their homes up to them so they could have a roof over their heads.

As odd as this may sound, congratulations Bill and Angie for making it through this terrible situation and coming out the other side. I know there's a lot of deep wounds that hopefully will slowly heal over time as. Welcome home and we all will be with you as you make the adjustment from COONASS to REDNECK.

We love you both

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am glad that they have made the decision to relocate to Maggie. Great to have great people close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter