Fix for water in the storage bins

• I was getting water in the storage bins behind the seats when washing or heavy rain.

So i took weather strip from Walmart and did one double width run across top. It's hidden when closed.

Worked fine for 10 hour ride home with about 3 hours of rain.

• Water doesn't seem to get in from the bottom. Its the top gasket that's too thin. Go look the gasket from polaris only covers the top and about 1/4 on each side.

This fix just adds more gasket thickness and keeps the water from running down and into the bin

• I used what used to be referred to as camper foam stripping. Self adhesive that was placed between truck toppers and the truck bed. If I should ever have to replace it, will probably use the rubber type sill you mentioned. The reason I brought up the hinge area was due to the tools I had foam wrapped in passenger compartment at lowest point of the cubby below the door. Found it soaked after a wash. All good now.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• They relocate the seat forward two inches so the seat back can recline deeper. Can't remember who made them off the top of my head. But he has/had a couple he fabricated up for sale in the sale section.

• Go expensive with PRP seats. The backs are thinner and sit back deeper. With the four inch seat bottom people are having to adjust the seat forward to reach pedals. Just an option.

• now if someone will come up with a way to keep water out of the prp side pocket bags, and behind the seat bags... that'd be great :|
    Cause our sexy slingshot Jezebel isnt as sexy when we pull our stuff out of our fancy bags.....in garbage bags... water proof?? PFFFTTT! ! I could have a pet goldfish in my side pocket after being caught out in the rain.
    :thumbdown:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• They relocate the seat forward two inches so the seat back can recline deeper. Can't remember who made them off the top of my head. But he has/had a couple he fabricated up for sale in the sale section.

Someone sells these for $50 on the dark side; here is a link:
    For Sale - passenger seat relocation brackets | Page 5 | Polaris Slingshot Forum
    I had my son install them; an easy mod.

• now if someone will come up with a way to keep water out of the prp side pocket bags, and behind the seat bags... that'd be great :|
    Cause our sexy slingshot Jezebel isnt as sexy when we pull our stuff out of our fancy bags.....in garbage bags... water proof?? PFFFTTT! ! I could have a pet goldfish in my side pocket after being caught out in the rain.
    :thumbdown:

Bummer. I heard the PRP seats were holding water after the rain for people down at SSITS.

Maybe your seats were not as bad for holding water... With Jeezz as she was not topless

• yep. Cant speak for every fabric.. but, Matte Fabric is not waterproof or resistant. Foam inserts wrapped rudimentarily in what appears to be standard surran wrap and clear tape. Took 3 days for seat cushions to dry out with zipper open. Need to find a better grade off plastic wrap for foam. The pvl shiny fabric are indeed as the say water proof. Not the matte... but they said it was marine grade... only one I was told held water was the tweed or suede. :00008862:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• The passenger seat relo brackets are made by Red and are highly recommended by my wife. I don't know how many women sat in our Slingshot at SSITS but Red should put her on commission because I believe she sold a ton of the kits for him!

As to the PRP seats, ours are definitely waterproof as we drove in rain for 3.5hrs of our 7.5 hour trip home from Maggie Valley. It must matter what material you select as @Guardian_Angel said.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke