Rabtech's Haltech install and other items to make HP

• I have a wife that is actually justifying the Haltec purchase! After explaining to her more power can be had at lower boost she responded "Won't that make the engine last longer using less boost to get the power? Sounds like a good idea."
    I am going to ride that one all the way to the purchase. What a women!!!!

Now that's true love ! She have a sister lol

• Streetdoc, that is correct. No more Polaris ecu . Haltech ecu , harness , wideband , can hub . Download base tune , drive onto trailer and Dave dyno tune it for you unless distance is a issue or hauling your bike is . Give me a call and I may be able to assist on your hauling needs .

Could this replace the stock ecu on a NA engine? Any benefit? I'm not boosted but would be interested to get rid of the polaris ecu

• Could this replace the stock ecu on a NA engine? Any benefit? I'm not boosted but would be interested to get rid of the polaris ecu

You bet........ If I bought a new Slingshot today and I were to pick my first modification for it... It would be the HALTECH ECU...

Why????? Because immediately you will gain complete control over every aspect of your slingshot... And you will gain total OBD2 readouts..... And you would gain the ability to have multiple input and outputs that can be used to tie in security alarms and all kinds of toys.

And then each time you add and exhaust, or turbo, or whatever..... you can tune (I mean you can have your professional tuner) make adjustments for that mod.

I know its an expensive device but think about this....... How expensive is a complete set of ANALOG gauges? How expensive is a one time tune? How expensive is a turbo or a supercharger?

Let me be real clear......There is absolutely nothing wrong with a turbo or supercharger kit and factory ECU flash...

But if you want to have what you have seen in this thread (as far as tuning and features go) you need this solution....

HOWEVER, I do give a big warning..... The very thing that makes this ECU so awesome is the very thing that will get you in trouble if you don't know what your doing....... This ability you have to tune every function will allow you to kill your engine FAST if you don't know what your doing...

So far I have only mentioned the wonderful parts of having the HAltech... You can have a base map loaded in it that will run fine on a stock Slingshot with maybe an exhaust and air cleaner... But lets say you dont know anything about tuning... And you start screwing around with the tables ... You could damage stuff very fast....

This is my suggestion... Purchase it from Jamie or Dave and leave it alone with a stock Slingshot map that Dave provides (if yours is stock) or have it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing... This is not something you want to tune in your garage.....

• Streetdoc, that is correct. No more Polaris ecu . Haltech ecu , harness , wideband , can hub . Download base tune , drive onto trailer and Dave dyno tune it for you unless distance is a issue or hauling your bike is . Give me a call and I may be able to assist on your hauling needs .

Just stop. You're making this too easy and too enticing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Polaris Slingshot Info mobile app

• Awesome @rabtech, thank you, that's the question I needed answered. I wanted something that could be set up, plugged in and go. The reliability of the stock ecu scares me. Maybe because I don't know anything about them. I like the KISS method.

Once they get the tunes for the stock Slingshot nailed down I'm sure they will have a few ways to ship the Haltech ECU with "canned predefined" tunes. I'm guessing just like they do with the Power Commander they have for motorcycles now.

• Rab, you really should come clean and tell everyone why you're doing this.

The real reason is that now he has an OBDII connector, he's able to use the Progressive SNAPSHOT plug-in to earn the insurance discount for being a SLOW careful driver!!

Telling Allison that you'll be getting an insurance discount goes a long way explaining why you're spending tens of dollars with all these mods. :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Once they get the tunes for the stock Slingshot nailed down I'm sure they will have a few ways to ship the Haltech ECU with "canned predefined" tunes. I'm guessing just like they do with the Power Commander they have for motorcycles now.

Just remember that base tunes are safe tunes to get you running so you can make it to your local tuner which is strongly recommended . Base tunes are not intended for just download and run the wheels off of it under boost .
    Original tunes were developed from my two slingshots at Haltech USA in Lexington a year ago . One na and one on a 300hp turbo setup.
    I have been driving them all last summer for R&D to make sure we are ready for mass distribution.
    Just to let you know I just now left Haltech headquarters with some more SS goodies. I'm shipping out more kits today .
    Thanks SS family and hoorah for Rabtech and DDMworks .