Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day

Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park 201 Motorsports Park Circle Summit Point, WV 25446

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am
  • Okay guys, Summit Point Track Day is just around the corner!!

Gates open at 6 p.m. the night before (April 23rd) for set-up and free camping. There are some of us planning to do some pre-staging and staking our territory at that time. Registration is from 7:00-8:10 a.m., they will direct you to tech inspect form their. Nothing major, just make sure you have no leaking fluids, your brakes work and your steering is solid. Mandatory Riders’ Meeting at 8:15; on the track a little after 9:00 a.m.

Need full-face, DOT helmet, gloves, jacket, pants and closed toe shoes. Last year we got away with relaxing this a bit after a couple sessions on the track, but better to have it with you.

I've stayed at the Aloft before, it's a decent place and about 25 minutes from the track. I don't think there is anything much closer, but I'll look into it and report back. Also, I am tentatively planning to have a little get together at my place the night before for a couple drinks and dinner, though I'm an old man (at heart) and it's an early morning so I'll be kicking you guys out early. I may have a bed and a couch for a couple folks, but I have to check with my boss first and get permission. ;)

• You think they have room to park with a trailer at Aloft?
    I am not sure I can get to the track by 6 But I will try if I can't make it save a spot for my truck and trailer we can work out of the trailer - Tools / Jack / Compressor / Generator.
    Once the bike is out there is plenty of room for some chairs if you want out of the sun.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You think they have room to park with a trailer at Aloft?
    I am not sure I can get to the track by 6 But I will try if I can't make it save a spot for my truck and trailer we can work out of the trailer - Tools / Jack / Compressor / Generator.
    Once the bike is out there is plenty of room for some chairs if you want out of the sun.

I would think they would. If not, I live right down the road and you could always park your truck and trailer in front of my place and take my truck back to your room. Or like I said, I may be able to put you up for the night. Just have to check with The Admiral!
    We will absolutely save you a spot. I'll bring some cones and cone it off for ya! ;)

I believe @Tango is also bringing a small pop up tent for some shade as well. We will look like pros out there!!

• I am game to get in on Saturday but don't want to leave my trailer at the track un attended.
    I can off load the SS and camp in the trailer or pick up a tent before I come if anyone else is planning on camping.
    Just sold my travel trailer so it is back to tent camping.

If not I will crash at a hotel somewhere close by so I can get in by 7:30 am

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• So how late is the track open the day before? Or is it all night until the next morning?

I'm pretty certain it's open until the morning. I believe you can camp there. I wouldn't want to roll through there too late though as a courtesy to those who are camping overnight.

• I would think they would. If not, I live right down the road and you could always park your truck and trailer in front of my place and take my truck back to your room. Or like I said, I may be able to put you up for the night. Just have to check with The Admiral!We will absolutely save you a spot. I'll bring some cones and cone it off for ya! ;)

I believe @Tango is also bringing a small pop up tent for some shade as well. We will look like pros out there!!

I am game to get in on Saturday but don't want to leave my trailer at the track un attended.
    I can off load the SS and camp in the trailer or pick up a tent before I come if anyone else is planning on camping.
    Just sold my travel trailer so it is back to tent camping.

If not I will crash at a hotel somewhere close by so I can get in by 7:30 am

I can always setup an air mattress in my family room for you here at my place. I live right next to the track.

• I appreciate the offer brother - hate putting anyone out. I will hit the hotel late so see you in the morning.Thanks for saving me a spot

Don't get in too late Mitch, planning on having a few drinks, grilling some dogs and burgers and hanging out a bit Saturday evening to get ready for VROOM VROOM!! Don't leave me eating and drinking alone...

• Don't get in too late Mitch, planning on having a few drinks, grilling some dogs and burgers and hanging out a bit Saturday evening to get ready for VROOM VROOM!! Don't leave me eating and drinking alone...

You got it sir! But I will be dragging a trailer so we will work things out later in the week

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!